This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jersh View Post
    What's everyone's opinions of BC Racing coils?
    They're worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
      They're worthy.
      So they're nice for everything (slammed, good ride, etc.)?
      ///M 2.0
      G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• For my Altima, they're the most reputable and I would've had a set myself if I didn't go with Tein.

Why do you ask about them?

Comment

For my Altima, they're the most reputable and I would've had a set myself if I didn't go with Tein.

Why do you ask about them?
          Well, I went to check out the car that I was supposed to be buying (I say supposed to because the car has way more work done than the shop thought and they jacked up the price) and it has BC's on it that are just about brand new.

I wanted to see if the ride was really harsh and all that stuff in case I do get it.
          ///M 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
            The reason for the crushing of the car would not be the car itself, but the actions of the individual importing the car.
            Until the car is 25 years old it is illegal to import, therefore the individual that imported the car 1 year too early has broken the law and should therefore be punished. And generally cars that are illegal to import and do not comply with road standards get sent to the crusher.

I don't agree with these type of laws, but I understand how they work.
            I understand how the 25 year old antique importation law works and I totally agree with you. I suppose my point was that R32 GT-R's (and all illegal cars for that matter) seem like a special case to me because the initial illegality was from not meeting road standards. Now after 25 years none of that matters making it seem like the initial laws that were in effect in '89/'90, and still are, have become pointless because the cars are still in violation of the road standards 25 years later. TL;DR: These laws have become a pointless waiting game that impedes enthusiasts!
            Originally posted by coconutt View Post
            They're worthy.
            I've ridden on a set or two, they corner nice and flat and seem to last a long time.

Comment

• I don't think there's much to worry as far as the coilovers went if it's a car you really want.

Comment

I don't think there's much to worry as far as the coilovers went if it's a car you really want.
                I know, I just wanted to make sure they were livable if I ended up getting it.

I like the car a lot, but their price is a little high and the car still needs some work before they sell it.
                ///M 2.0

Comment

Well, I went to check out the car that I was supposed to be buying (I say supposed to because the car has way more work done than the shop thought and they jacked up the price) and it has BC's on it that are just about brand new.

I wanted to see if the ride was really harsh and all that stuff in case I do get it.
                  One set I rode on had be dubbing them Bladder Control coilovers because I had to pee and it was throwing me around on a concrete part of I4 in Orlando. It was rather harsh but that might not be how the set in question rides.

Comment

• What's done to it and what's the price?

Comment

• just found the most amazing gif ever in the bimmerforums greatest pics of the interwebs thread. But its NWS... i could fucking watch it for hours.
                      cars and stuff

Comment

• If it hasn't already been posted in the nsfw thread here, post it.

Comment

What's everyone's opinions of BC Racing coils?
                          Better than meagan, d2, k sport. I really liked mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Samuel L. Jackson View Post
                            One set I rode on had be dubbing them Bladder Control coilovers because I had to pee and it was throwing me around on a concrete part of I4 in Orlando. It was rather harsh but that might not be how the set in question rides.
                            Ok, that helps a little haha.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                            What's done to it and what's the price?
                            These guys got the car not knowing what was all done to it, they're getting it ready to sell for a friend... just wanted to get that out there first. It's a '97 M3 black on modena, has BC racing coils, port and polish, M50 manifold, no name exhaust, intake, chipped, and schrick cams. But, there is a really big dent under the one tail light (they said the entire panel would get replaced), the entire front bumper is fucked from rock chips, there's a dent in both doors, all the trim around the windows needs to be refinished (black finish is gone in place and some spots are rusty), the headliner and pillars need to be refinished, and they're fixing some vacuum leaks/taking care of anything the motor may need.

I had no idea about any of that until I saw the car yesterday (and like I said, they didn't even know it had that much work). I showed up expecting a bone stock M3 with a dented panel that they agreed to fix before they sold it to me. They also told me that it would be between 6-7K when all finished, but now they want 8.5K and they won't fix the dents/replace the panel/fix the window trim but they are doing the headliner and making sure the engine is all good.

There is some more stuff involved in this whole situation that I left out, but I didn't want to write a novel.
                            ///M 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                              just found the most amazing gif ever in the bimmerforums greatest pics of the interwebs thread. But its NWS... i could fucking watch it for hours.
                              pm me it faggo
                              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

So they're nice for everything (slammed, good ride, etc.)?
                                I've got a set, rides pretty well

I've modified mine though with shorter springs for more low

Originally posted by Samuel L. Jackson View Post
                                I understand how the 25 year old antique importation law works and I totally agree with you. I suppose my point was that R32 GT-R's (and all illegal cars for that matter) seem like a special case to me because the initial illegality was from not meeting road standards. Now after 25 years none of that matters making it seem like the initial laws that were in effect in '89/'90, and still are, have become pointless because the cars are still in violation of the road standards 25 years later. TL;DR: These laws have become a pointless waiting game that impedes enthusiasts!
                                Yeah man it is the same story here really

Pre 89 cars simply don't need to meet the road standards, no side intrusion bars in door and all that jazz. While if you import a 1990s car, if it did not have side intrusions, it will have to get them fitted
                                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Working...
                                X