X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
    AK47! or GTFO!
    A decent Kalashnikov should run about $600. Or they used to anyways. I'll own one someday just for fun. Its more of a history gun than a marksman gun. I think they print like 4" groups at 100 yards which is pretty bad really. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Guns and shit.

I've only ever shot an Air Rifle, it was alright haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
        Guns and shit.

lol

I think I shot my first gun when I was 12. It was a .22 and I felt like such a badass. lol

Only gun I own now is a 12 gauge and it sits next to my bed. I've gone skeet shooting a few times with it but that's it. I mainly bought it because it was cheap and in really good shape for being made in 1986. I plan to hang on to it and pass it down to my kids if/when I have them and they are old enough.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
          I think they print like 4" groups at 100 yards which is pretty bad really. lol
          All I remember from Goldeneye and Counter:Strike is that the AK47 can pack a punch, but it's wholly inaccurate.

So, I guess video games got that right.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
          I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Ugh, I **** subbing for bad teachers...

Comment

lol

I think I shot my first gun when I was 12. It was a .22 and I felt like such a badass. lol

Only gun I own now is a 12 gauge and it sits next to my bed. I've gone skeet shooting a few times with it but that's it. I mainly bought it because it was cheap and in really good shape for being made in 1986. I plan to hang on to it and pass it down to my kids if/when I have them and they are old enough.
              Damn, that's crazy.

Going of video game experience here...12 gauges are gnarly!

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                All I remember from Goldeneye and Counter:Strike is that the AK47 can pack a punch, but it's wholly inaccurate.

Pretty much.

AK's are made from stamped steel whereas most other rifles are forged. Stamped steel has a lot more give to it but isn't nearly as brittle which is why you can bury an AK in sand, mud, and snow, and it'll still go boom every time you pull the trigger.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I'd go AR but that's purely based on the fact I love the way they shoot. I've also shot an SKS and they aren't too bad either. Obviously the AR is a much nicer gun.

You could always get an AR-10. Those are chambered in .308 have fun buying ammo though.
                  I <3 our SKS already, I do want an AR though. They shoot like magic. The question is, .223 or 5.56? I don't want to think about buying .308 rounds.
                  Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                  AK47! or GTFO!
                  I <3 AK's. Always have. Love shooting them too. But man, it gets expensive fast.
                  Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post

That's about right. Bury them in sand, throw them in water, and never clean them. I've seen someone break a bolt open on the edge of a wood stove before. Still shot though. You cannot kill them.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                    Guns and shit.

IIRC guns were banned in scotland after a mass school shooting....
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Pretty much.

AK's are made from stamped steel whereas most other rifles are forged. Stamped steel has a lot more give to it but isn't nearly as brittle which is why you can bury an AK in sand, mud, and snow, and it'll still go boom every time you pull the trigger.
                      Exactly. Well, that, and the fact that it was made by Vodka-swilling Russians that have clearance tolerances that rival that of a drunken carpenter. Seriously, the clearances must be something like +/-1/8"
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        IIRC guns were banned in scotland after a mass school shooting....

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          I <3 our SKS already, I do want an AR though. They shoot like magic. The question is, .223 or 5.56? I don't want to think about buying .308 rounds.
                          .223 and 5.56 are pretty much the same round IIRC.

Edit, just did the conversion...

5.56 = .219"

Pretty close.
                          Last edited by andybob; 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            Exactly. Well, that, and the fact that it was made by Vodka-swilling Russians that have clearance tolerances that rival that of a drunken carpenter. Seriously, the clearances must be something like +/-1/8"
                            I think they built them with the mindset of "close enough."

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Comment

• I think banning NSFW signatures should be considered.

Comment

Working...
                                X