X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to tub the car, but that is the point where it would become very expensive to get back on the road if I get pulled over by the police.

My new intercooler setup is planned around tubbing the car in the future
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
      I would like to tub the car, but that is the point where it would become very expensive to get back on the road if I get pulled over by the police.

My new intercooler setup is planned around tubbing the car in the future
      wat
      why would they give a fuck if it has tubs, and if its done well they won't even be able to tell its not stock
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
        wat
        why would they give a fuck if it has tubs, and if its done well they won't even be able to tell its not stock
        Because Australia

Cops are all about revenue here, if you make any modifications to the body/metal you need to get it inspected by an engineer and approved. which can easily be over $500

You legally can't even cut a hole for the front mount intercooler piping.

Comment

• Your care laws are pretty god damn ridiculous. Shit, in NY as long as you brakes work, nothing suspension wise is loose, and there isn't a hole in the frame you're good to go for the annual inspection. They literally take like 20 minutes to do.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Because Australia

Cops are all about revenue here, if you make any modifications to the body/metal you need to get it inspected by an engineer and approved. which can easily be over $500

You legally can't even cut a hole for the front mount intercooler piping.
            what in the fuck

Comment

• wat

Marcus's c33 from Asher Trafford on Vimeo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                saw this the other day thought it was pretty cool

flickr
                TUMBLR
                instagram @btober

Comment

• I love those Laurels.

Comment

• Thing is pretty badass dudeman

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• can't wait till my bro in laws see my car tomorrow
                      lololol

Comment

• Why...

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          Your care laws are pretty god damn ridiculous. Shit, in NY as long as you brakes work, nothing suspension wise is loose, and there isn't a hole in the frame you're good to go for the annual inspection. They literally take like 20 minutes to do.
                          damn right they are ridiculous

Legally your car has to be 100mm ground clearance at the lowest point
                          You can only legally have 1 intake modification
                          Wheels/tires can not protrude outside the guards
                          Tires can not be legally stretched
                          Wheels can not be more than 1" bigger diameter and 1" wider than specified by the manufacturer

And one other police favorite one to use is, car must have 2/3 of standard suspension travel, so they push on your guard and if you have coilovers, your car is too stiff.

For a car that is too low and has wide wheels with a bit of poke you can end up with $600 in fines, the cop can tell you that you can not drive the car at all and must have it towed.
                          You then have to turn it back to stock to pass the Road Worthy(safety) inspection. Which these days is another $160

Comment

damn right they are ridiculous

Legally your car has to be 100mm ground clearance at the lowest point
                            You can only legally have 1 intake modification
                            Wheels/tires can not protrude outside the guards
                            Tires can not be legally stretched
                            Wheels can not be more than 1" bigger diameter and 1" wider than specified by the manufacturer

And one other police favorite one to use is, car must have 2/3 of standard suspension travel, so they push on your guard and if you have coilovers, your car is too stiff.

For a car that is too low and has wide wheels with a bit of poke you can end up with $600 in fines, the cop can tell you that you can not drive the car at all and must have it towed.
                            You then have to turn it back to stock to pass the Road Worthy(safety) inspection. Which these days is another $160
                            how did they justify some of those laws? did someone get killed from a lowered car?
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                              how did they justify some of those laws? did someone get killed from a lowered car?
                              Nope just some stupid laws the government makes up
                              So now because we are breaking these laws, we get fined

Just revenue raising tactics.

From time to time police would set up defect stations near the road and pick out modified cars from the traffic for an inspection.

Comment

• This sucks. Just found out that I can't get to Winton.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X