This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    well, i dont use it as if it were a stand alone, i use it for fuel cut defense, injector, air and fuel control which is all a JZ motor really needs.

We used to bust out 5-600whp supras all on safc or emanages. Don't get me wrong stand alones are awesome but more so for mitsu since you guys have MAF's and need to recirculate your bov's and a stand alone would let you ditch that for a MAP sensor which JZ's already run on.

so unless you want to run legit fuel cut defense instead of eliminating it, or building a race car where youre messing with timing, ignition, and fuel maps (not for street cars) i dont see a reason to invest in a stand alone THEN sensors and wire it all up.

AEM is pretty good but they use the factory sensors which kind of defeats the purpose in my book. so all in all, I have a built big turbo 1jz that runs on emanage and let the ecu take care of timing while i mess with safer areas and i make some pretty great numbers. 120whp from a 300 dollar box is unbeatable.
    Ah I see, your method is a bit different then mine. While I dont play with timing too much I do map smoothing on everything I have tooned. It is a way smoother tune the transition from part to wot is really nice. I have solved jerky and inconsistent high rpm issues with just timing smoothing.

I prefer to have full control over everything.

Well actually I tell every evo/dsm/turbo mitsu to stay oem ecu for the most part. The oem ecu has been so far developed there are features that the average standalone does not have. My only complaint is the launch control is a fuel cut over and ignition cut. There are patches that allow the use of up to a 5 bar map sensor on the stock ecu many just use the evo x's stock 3.5 bar map. Plus just going into the rom I can change sensor values to run other sensors such as a different ebc, tps, maf, injectors, map, ect.

Ehh depends on the quality and accuracy of the OEM sensors.

Talking in bolt on evo terms, with my $200 tactrix setup I can squeeze safely 60-70whp out of them.

I see where you are coming from, I just dont like them for MAF cars because the ECU just freaks the fuck out when that signal is altered from the SAFC or E-manage.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    you should take advantage of that feature, we might understand you more

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVdCZlMC1nA"]E36 M3 Drift - YouTube[/ame]
      like!
      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• For sure full control is nice and if i could flash my ecu like the motronic stuff from mitsu, bmw, audi etc i totally would but limit my tinkering. It's a nice feature but just not needed for the (only using this for a lack of a better term) top tier jap engines. 4g's are nice and all but they are VERY mortal and the level of modification in the tuning would explain why 9/10 only make that one run down the track before the BOOM!

You should seriously get a car that can unlock your potential, the dsm crowd is the WORST and nobody really respects dsm guys from my experience. i dont mean any offense, you know what im getting at
        Last edited by Jesus Christ; 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Ayyyyye. Grubbin' on some BBQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
            Ayyyyye. Grubbin' on some BBQ.
            i love bbq! what s cooking good looking!?
            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Breakfast for dinner and adventure time!?!?!? YES!!!
              It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                i love bbq! what s cooking good looking!?

Comment

• Thank god this semester is finally coming to a close. Only two more Materials lectures left.

Comment

that aint you j...... pshhhh lol

Last edited by Rob&co; 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM.
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Comment

• ^ Had a good laugh at that. Whatchu niggas up to tonight?

Comment

Seen it...
                          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• 10 moar min....
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              10 moar min....
                              What are you buying?

IG: PavelKostyurin