This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Money talks. If someone offered you 105k vs 95k for a job that wasn't necessarily as enjoyable, would you take it?
    No. I flat out told this company that I don't want to sit and be underutilized. I would get a 20% raise if I sit on a watch floor and I still told them no. It's not worth any amount of money to not positively impact a mission in any way that I can.

Keep in mind though that I have a very competitive nature.

Super edit:
    It's funny you ask that because it's a situation that has come up since signing my offer letter. They were going to give me a raise and I told them not to because I would prefer not to do that job. I'm just speaking from experience here.
    Originally posted by Oxer
    people are such stupid cunts.
    fuck everybody.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
    Originally posted by Dudermagee
    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
      No. I flat out told this company that I don't want to sit and be underutilized. I would get a 20% raise if I sit on a watch floor and I still told them no. It's not worth any amount of money to not positively impact a mission in any way that I can.

Super edit:
      It's funny you ask that because it's a situation that has come up since signing my offer letter. They were going to give me a raise and I told them not to because I would prefer not to do that job. I'm just speaking from experience here.
      Not everyone cares about winning though, he can be the star of that team, and say they are successful would be HUGE, AND, he probably can slack off and have more actual fun.

What the fuck, I don't care, why am I even talking about this.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        Not everyone cares about winning though, he can be the star of that team, and say they are successful would be HUGE, AND, he probably can slack off and have more actual fun.

What the fuck, I don't care, why am I even talking about this.
        Because its a situation that relates to the real world (outside of the fact that they are talking millions and normal people wouldn't be). That's probably why it bothers me so much.
        Originally posted by Oxer
        people are such stupid cunts.
        fuck everybody.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
        Originally posted by Dudermagee
        You're stupid.

Comment

• How bout them Giants

Comment

• Pluh.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Sean nice subaru lulz.
              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post

Super edit:
                I am totally with you. I would much rather be happy and take a pay cut. My mental health and happiness is worth more to me. The last job I had, I was unhappy for 3 of 5 years of it and I just powered through it. After I quit I was so much happier and it changed my outlook. Money isn't everything to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                  Sean nice subaru lulz.
                  What?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    What?
                    Forza
                    I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                      How bout them Giants
                      I have to deal with this loud noise over here from a bunch of bandwagoners all night. Baseball. Lol
                      Originally posted by Kielan
                      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                        I have to deal with this loud noise over here from a bunch of bandwagoners all night. Baseball. Lol
                        Word. My FB has sudden Giants fans hahaa.

Comment

• Oxer's car got feature on The Lowdown's Facebook page and on their Instagram.

Originally posted by TRaNz
                          yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                          They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• I am leaving for SEMA tomorrow and I just realized I have an essay due in one of my classes at 9:30 am. Haven't even started. Fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
                              I am leaving for SEMA tomorrow and I just realized I have an essay due in one of my classes at 9:30 am. Haven't even started. Fuck.
                              Lol, damn. Sorry to hear that! Get started man.

Here's encouragement! --->

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                              They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• You done son.

Comment

Working...
                                X