X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
    Dafuq man, how'd you manage that?
    Had no choice but to hit an insane pothole, it was that or crash into a tree/oncoming traffic.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Aw man, that sucks :/ That had to a gnarly pothole, hope you can find some place soon.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        Cracked a wheel today. Fucking JOY. Anyone know of a place that I can ship it to and have repaired? Or just have experience with a decent place? Need it done sooner than later.
        aw man wtf
        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
          aw man wtf
          I can't catch a break.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Nigga can't catch a break.
            Fixed

Don't worry man, these little things tend to happen from time to time.

Comment

• That sucks dude. How bad is it? Might just be able to take it to a local welding shop that has equipment to weld aluminum.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Have to install my coils this weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  That sucks dude. How bad is it? Might just be able to take it to a local welding shop that has equipment to weld aluminum.
                  Not super bad, but it's not holding air as well as it should.

I was thinking that, take the tire off, take it to a place, have them weld it, put tire back on.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I was thinking that, take the tire off, take it to a place, have them weld it, put tire back on.
                    I found a place like 5 minutes from my apartment, so I'll hit them up on Monday and see what they say. They say they weld aluminum on their site.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That's what I would do. When I used to work in a shop we had a cracked wheel I noticed while changing tires and we sent it to a welding shop and had them fix it up. As long as the wheel isn't bent too bad you should be fine.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Ugh really need to get my receipts together and get my car appraised

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          Ugh really need to get my receipts together and get my car appraised
                          For insurance reasons?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

For insurance reasons?
                            Yerp

Comment

That's what I would do. When I used to work in a shop we had a cracked wheel I noticed while changing tires and we sent it to a welding shop and had them fix it up. As long as the wheel isn't bent too bad you should be fine.
                              There is only really a slight bend, so I'm guessing there was a hairline crack there before and I just didn't see it. So it should balance out. How much do you think it'll run me?
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

There is only really a slight bend, so I'm guessing there was a hairline crack there before and I just didn't see it. So it should balance out. How much do you think it'll run me?
                                I don't think too much. Try and get the bend straightened out if you can so they don't have to deal with it. That way all they have to do is run a bead and grind it down. Tell your tire shop to use some bead seal when they re-mount the tire so you don't get any leaks and you should be good to go.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X