This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    All I'm saying is that both cars really just aren't worth the time and effort. I'm pretty sure that's all any of us are saying. If you know people are going to bash it, why keep posting about it.

It's like expecting it not to hurt everytime you slam your head against a wall.
    We do not have the funds to go out and buy the cars we want to work on. I'm going to post about them because hey, they're budget builds in a shed using our very tight funds and what we've got or can beg/borrow/steal. For god's sake we slid the engine out on a spare wheel for lack of an engine crane. If we can make them work then perhaps we can get a pat on the back in the future.
    You all started somewhere, but I honestly believe its harder for us over here in the UK. If you're under 21, good luck getting insured on any decent car for under £3k. We've been quoted £6.5k on a Classic Mini at one point.

Alright, I know the Morris is definitely not to everyone's taste and I accept that. I joined fully expecting to be bashed for it, but I'm sticking at it and I'm going to finish it. I kinda expected you all to at least let up on the Rover a little.

Sean I see your reasoning, its just irritating being knocked back and picked on every time I post a bloody update, whether I'm moody or not.
    Last edited by ratmog; 11-02-2011, 09:23 PM.

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Comment

• In college, no job. I bought my car, I cover my own costs (most of my insurance not all, whatever shoot me), I scrape by to get shit done when I can, but I don't incessantly post about it, I can't even remember the last time I talked about my car seriously.

Just stop posting about it. Boom, problem is solved. I don't get why that's so difficult to understand.
      Last edited by Kielan; 11-02-2011, 09:24 PM.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        Lol, I'm in college, with no job, with a car that I fund myself. Don't give me that shit.
        I have no idea how you do that, but props to you. Obviously we're in hugely differing financial situations, or you have one hugeass overdraft and are well into enjoying it!
        We do have another project, but I know for certain its not to you guy's tastes, so I've ceased mentioning it here. Currently building a loom from scratch for the bitch.

I have my bar job, which brings in around £250 a month, boyfriend has no job because his course doesn't allow time for it, our grants and loans barely cover rent and bills.

Edit; I post about it, because to be honest I'm hoping for little tidbits of ideas or scraps of help, we don't know it all and we have NOBODY around here that has so much as thought about a different set of wheels for their car. Its very frustrating.
        Last edited by ratmog; 11-02-2011, 09:30 PM.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
          Never asked you to like shit, infact I think and maintain beneath most of my anger that you are a decent guy, but all you're doing now is fucking up my opinion of you as a human being and making yourself look like an ass.
          We can't afford to just sell it in the state its in - when its done, yeah, its going up for sale to fund a better project, but for now we are going to polish a turd - and we're going to polish it to a mirror shine and sell it to someone who wants it, make a nice little profit and move on.

lolshemad

Originally posted by ratmog View Post
          Well thanks anyway, no hard feelings about the bashing, I've come to expect it from Sean and Duder.
          I like to live up to expectations

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          Sorry we don't leg hump because you claim to have a set of tits. Your cars are ugly, you know we think they're ugly, yet we still hear about them all the time.

Plus, you're not even hot. So if we were the type to flock to some "girl" on the internet, it wouldn't be you.
          I agree with all of this except the last part, I won't comment on how someone looks unless they truely deserve it.

That being said, Sean hit the nail on the head. We talk shit about your car because you give us updates like this is your own personal build thread. If you made your own thread it would be left alone as that are the rules of this forum. But for some reason you insist on telling us every annoying little detail about your car even though we've made it painfully obvious that we don't give a shit.
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            That being said, Sean hit the nail on the head. We talk shit about your car because you give us updates like this is your own personal build thread. If you made your own thread it would be left alone as that are the rules of this forum. But for some reason you insist on telling us every annoying little detail about your car even though we've made it painfully obvious that we don't give a shit.
            This time Nutt asked me for an update, so I gave him one. Last time this happened I decided I wasn't going to post much about the cars any more, because yeah, it is obvious you don't give a shit, which is fair enough.
            I could tell you every annoying little detail, but I have also not done that,far more is going on behind the scenes. This most recent one? OH LOOK WHEELS FINALLY SOMETHING "USEFUL" - though not for my own personal car. I was going to ask advice on refurbing them so they can at least look more decent than they do now.

Also I seem to log on in the middle of when /nothing/ is happening, so there's no real conversation to join in on.

I'm out for real now, will read replies tomorrow.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• is it friday? lol i dont think she ever claimed to be hot so idk how that came up in convo. We all post random shit all the time about random things. She posts things about her car. It is a car forum haha

but its whatever... hows things going otherwise?
              cars and stuff

Comment

• where the heck is everybody?
                cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                  is it friday? lol i dont think she ever claimed to be hot so idk how that came up in convo. We all post random shit all the time about random things. She posts things about her car. It is a car forum haha

but its whatever... hows things going otherwise?
                  Yup, it's whatever.

I think I'm gonna watch American Touge 3, then Paranormal Activity 2. I just seen part 1 the other night... Fuck that shit.

Comment

• doing homework and such

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                      Yup, it's whatever.

I think I'm gonna watch American Touge 3, then Paranormal Activity 2. I just seen part 1 the other night... Fuck that shit.
                      paranormal activity is mad good

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                      doing homework and such
                      lame
                      cars and stuff

Comment

paranormal activity is mad good

lame
                        yep can't wait till this shit is done
                        have reading almost every night along with questions and a 30 question test every 6 business days.

Comment

yep can't wait till this shit is done
                          have reading almost every night along with questions and a 30 question test every 6 business days.
                          ive read more books this semester for 1 class than i have in the past 4 years
                          cars and stuff

Comment

ive read more books this semester for 1 class than i have in the past 4 years
                            That sucks, we cover an average of 60-80 pages a week, I mean its not terribly difficult, its just very tedious.
                            And the repetitive testing is driving me crazy, one failure and I go back one week. 2 Failures and they can make me go to another career field, which means more training, or they can just boot me out.

Comment

That sucks, we cover an average of 60-80 pages a week, I mean its not terribly difficult, its just very tedious.
                              And the repetitive testing is driving me crazy, one failure and I go back one week. 2 Failures and they can make me go to another career field, which means more training, or they can just boot me out.
                              i have to read a 400 page book for class on tuesday. And have a talking point to talk about in our class discussion. and have written review on the book.
                              cars and stuff

Comment

i have to read a 400 page book for class on tuesday. And have a talking point to talk about in our class discussion. and have written review on the book.
                                Oh yeah?
                                Well I have to kill a man with my bare hands, and eat his heart to get his warriors spirit.

Comment

Working...
                                X