This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
    no, its impossible for me to do what I am doing. we need to hire more people. let me put this in terms you can understand. imagine you have to flip every burger, drop all the fries, help all the customers at the counter and all the ones at the drive through. and its always the busy time of the day, always. oh and you need to make sure everything is in stock and ready to go. and you have to set up deliveries.

theres so much more to explain, but i think my head will fucking explode from talking to you.
    Did I say that I thought you had it easy or that I didn't agree that your situation is tough? No. There is no need to belittle my age with the 'flipping burgers' comment either. I have never worked at a fast food restaurant. All I ever said was that everyone has complaints, it just gets a little tiring hearing them almost daily.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    were just saying that in a serious full time 9-5 salary job, i cant see any boss coming to realization that hes making too much money and he should give you more of it.
    If you are pretty much running an entire branch of a company (and make this known to your boss), I am guessing that there will be a little more weight put on the matter. Extreme scenario: Pay raise or I quit and things fall apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by fivefourzero View Post
      I think the biggest issue from genetically modified crops doesn't deal with their direct health. There are tons of independent groups that test that sort of thing and it's not that hard to be aware of what is and what isn't healthy if you take a few minutes to look into it. Without GE crops we would not be able to sustain the amount of people and their dietary demands though; could there be ~7 billion people living on only organically grown natural foods? I'm sure you've heard of the green revolution before.

Pesticide resistant bacteria is/can be a big problem though..
      You're not seeing the big picture

Say you have some corn crops and I own a patent on a specific corn crop.
      Say your neighbor starts using my corn, and is cross pollinatized to your crop WHICH WILL HAPPEN.
      Guess what I own your shit now.
      What do you do when a corporation owns the rights to all of the soy crops in america?
      They can then dictate supply, demand, costs.

Another scenairo,
      I modify the corn plant, we start using it, it mutates, now its inedible and it starts cross pollination across the US.
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Did I say that I thought you had it easy or that I didn't agree that your situation is tough? No. There is no need to belittle my age with the 'flipping burgers' comment either. I have never worked at a fast food restaurant. All I ever said was that everyone has complaints, it just gets a little tiring hearing them almost daily.

If you are pretty much running an entire branch of a company (and make this known to your boss), I am guessing that there will be a little more weight put on the matter. Extreme scenario: Pay raise or I quit and things fall apart.
        I will continue to belittle your age until Ive grown bored of it. if you dont like what i have to say, learn how to use the ignore feature. until then, too bad junior.
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

. Extreme scenario: Pay raise or I quit and things fall apart.
          generally speaking, in the real world that only works when you are living at home with the parents.
          Originally posted by Kielan
          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post

Say your neighbor starts using my corn, and is cross pollinatized to your crop WHICH WILL HAPPEN.
            What do you do when a corporation owns the rights to all of the soy crops in america?

Another scenairo,
            I modify the corn plant, we start using it, it mutates, now its inedible and it starts cross pollination across the US.
            If it bothers you that much, move to a different country.

But then don't bitch about the liberties you don't get in that country vs the US.

This whole the gov't is out to get us bullshit is absurd.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
              generally speaking, in the real world that only works when you are living at home with the parents.
              That's why I put Extreme scenario before it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                If it bothers you that much, move to a different country.But then don't bitch about the liberties you don't get in that country vs the US.
                thats a bit extreme. there is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning what is going on in American matters. having faith is just like believing in a man in a cloud watching you materbate. make your judgments based on facts and probability calculations. having faith in elected officials because they told you so is just as ignorant as those who come up with asinine conspiracy theories.
                funny you mention liberties, because real libertarians are out there questioning what is happening to our liberties as a result of these events.the gov IS slowly chipping away at them. it has absolutely nothing to do with gov paranoia. it is more of a consciousness of change, rather than sitting there being a spectator to what the media whores tell you.
                Last edited by NegativeCamber; 05-02-2011, 12:32 PM.
                Originally posted by Kielan
                I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Another scenairo,

honest question: how do you prove this?

Comment

Exactly and you're not listening to us. You also completely changed the subject.
                    I have the ability to doubt who I please, I'm not afraid to think otherwise, I just like to have faith that they are doing the right thing for the people. I don't see a problem with that. I'd rather do that than doubting everything they do, and worrying about that shit as well as get through my daily life, I have enough shit to deal with. I really don't get what the problem is with having some faith.

If you are really bothered by the food thing, buy organic, you have that option. Shit grow your own vegetables, and get your own cows, chickens, etc. Live on a farm, your problems go away, but much like many other Americans, its easier to bitch and moan about problems rather than try and do something about it...

I don't give a fuck about eating cloned food, shit the garbage they feed us here has all sorts of shit in it. Rather than worry about it, I trust that they are doing the right things for me as a paying student, and move on, I have more important things to worry about.

Personal question, and I don't mean this in a bad way and I'm just curious. How do you serve in the military that you doubt so much? It seems like you have more problems with it, than things you like about it, it doesn't make much sense to me that you could want to protect and serve a country that you can't trust your superiors.
                    I'm not going to get into the skeptic shit if you can't handle documented fact.
                    This recent economic downturn should have made you realize the priorities of our government, and in this country Big Business is number 1.
                    I do buy organic, free range, etc. LOL you won't care until you have a brain tumor.
                    I do something about it everyday when I buy organic and free range, I also research the people who I vote for.
                    I love my country, I just **** the politics. Mostly because of the lack of power the american people have. Most americans are good, but unfortunately some bad apples have taken over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                      I will continue to belittle your age until Ive grown bored of it. if you dont like what i have to say, learn how to use the ignore feature. until then, too bad junior.
                      well in that case I'm glad to be carefree teenager!

Comment

But then don't bitch about the liberties you don't get in that country vs the US.

its not that they are out to get us specifically. its just that if we get screwed in the process they wont bat an eyelash.

AND PS i DONT plan on living in the us in 5 years
                        Last edited by Jesus Christ; 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                          thats a bit extreme. there is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning what is going on in American matters. having faith is just like believing in a man in a cloud watching you materbate. make your judgments based on facts and probability calculations. having faith in elected officials because they told you so is just as ignorant as those who come up with asinine conspiracy theories.
                          funny you mention liberties, because real libertarians are out there questioning what is happening to our liberties as a result of these events.the gov IS slowly chipping away at them. it has absolutely nothing to do with gov paranoia. it is more of a consciousness of change, rather than sitting there being a spectator to what the media whores tell you.
                          When did I say I didn't question? But come on some of the shit that has been said is ridiculous. But having some faith isn't going to fuck your life over. Have some faith with what is going on, having faith is all about believing that people will do the right thing, because it is the right thing to do.

Dictionary.com defines faith as "belief that is not based on proof" there you go. Shit people believe all sorts of religious stuff, with no real way of proving its real.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• this has nothing to do with faith.

faith is something people who havent been fucked have.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I'm not going to get into the skeptic shit if you can't handle documented fact.
                              This recent economic downturn should have made you realize the priorities of our government, and in this country Big Business is number 1.
                              I do buy organic, free range, etc. LOL you won't care until you have a brain tumor.
                              I do something about it everyday when I buy organic and free range, I also research the people who I vote for.
                              I love my country, I just **** the politics. Mostly because of the lack of power the american people have. Most americans are good, but unfortunately some bad apples have taken over the top.
                              BTW at home we grow pretty much all of our vegetables, we have 20 chickens, and for the most part we buy organic, because not only does it taste better, and is better for you.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

LOL its world wide not just america man.
                                And thats not the american way, you talk, vote, and make changes happen.

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                                I know as much shit as he talks about religion he believes whatever the government tells him.

Originally posted by fivefourzero View Post
                                honest question: how do you prove this?

Comment

Working...
                                X