This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Well what time of day do you intend to be shooting?

To be honest I rarely every use my tripod, almost never for cars. If you want to buy some speedlights I see nothing wrong with that, get some used Nikon SB-26s, they are great lights and you can 2 for the price of 1 new speedlight.
    Early morning perhaps? If the owner is cool with it. I was looking into getting a Sony flash. Will Nikon flashes work with my camera? (Sony A200)

Comment

Well what time of day do you intend to be shooting?

To be honest I rarely every use my tripod, almost never for cars. If you want to buy some speedlights I see nothing wrong with that, get some used Nikon SB-26s, they are great lights and you can 2 for the price of 1 new speedlight.
      I agree with this. Any speedlight with a tilt/pan head and power adjustment should work pretty well. Make sure it has a slave mode unless you've got some wired/wireless triggers.

Originally posted by Kielan
      can't trust black people..

Comment

You never come in here anymore.
        bitch i go where i please.
        ///M 2.0
        G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
          Early morning perhaps? If the owner is cool with it. I was looking into getting a Sony flash. Will Nikon flashes work with my camera? (Sony A200)
          Flashes are universal, just can't use the TTL functions, which isn't an issue, cause you shouldn't be using automode on a flash anyway. If its early morning you shouldn't need a flash either, you get gorgeous natural light in the morning.
          Originally posted by dpt852 View Post
          I agree with this. Any speedlight with a tilt/pan head and power adjustment should work pretty well. Make sure it has a slave mode unless you've got some wired/wireless triggers.
          This.
          Originally posted by Jersh View Post
          bitch i go where i please.
          I was just saying you haven't been in here whore. Didn't tell you where to go.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Flashes are universal, just can't use the TTL functions, which isn't an issue, cause you shouldn't be using automode on a flash anyway. If its early morning you shouldn't need a flash either, you get gorgeous natural light in the morning.
            That's what i was thinking. I'll look into the Nikon flashes. I've found a nice Sony one already

Comment

That's what i was thinking. I'll look into the Nikon flashes. I've found a nice Sony one already
              You dont really have to spend alot, look for used flashes of any reputable brand.

Originally posted by Kielan
              can't trust black people..

Comment

• Found a few SB-26's on Ebay, a lot cheaper than the Sony i'm looking at. So the Nikon will just fit on?

Comment

I was just saying you haven't been in here whore. Didn't tell you where to go.
                  I know, the work load has been piling up and baseball is (pardon the pun) in full swing so i don't have much time to post.. i just browse everything and then i have to go. i try my best to stop in here and post a couple times a day.
                  ///M 2.0
                  G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by dpt852 View Post
                    You dont really have to spend alot, look for used flashes of any reputable brand.
                    This. Vivitar makes good flashes as well.
                    Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                    Found a few SB-26's on Ebay, a lot cheaper than the Sony i'm looking at. So the Nikon will just fit on?
                    Yeah, if you're shooting cars though, I'd recommend you pick up some wireless triggers, and lightstands, cause having the flash on camera, most of the time just doesn't cut it. Basically what you're doing is getting a lighting setup by doing this. Cactus triggers are great and dirt cheap.
                    Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                    I know, the work load has been piling up and baseball is (pardon the pun) in full swing so i don't have much time to post.. i just browse everything and then i have to go. i try my best to stop in here and post a couple times a day.
                    I figured.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      not too many mods on the night shift then eh?
                      Oxer is on vacation.

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                      Who is trolling?
                      There was a troll in the intro section/showroom last night. Dave took care of it.

Morning RT.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                      Originally posted by Oxer
                      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

• My dad took my car today to get another quote for the rocker work. He got stopped for not having plates two times in a 22km drive. Lol, both were fine because the temp tags are still good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                          My dad took my car today to get another quote for the rocker work. He got stopped for not having plates two times in a 22km drive. Lol, both were fine because the temp tags are still good.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• People really look at you weird if you don't have any plates.

Comment

• Most people assume the car is stolen. When I look at a car with no plates I look at them weirdly as well.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Most people assume the car is stolen. When I look at a car with no plates I look at them weirdly as well.
                                This is true, it's something really out of the ordinary to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X