X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering what was taking you so long to respond while I was stalking your profile on here, but after reading the essay you just wrote I get it hahah. Umm yeah I would run a meatier tire with that pull like damn thats aggressive.

As far as the tranny goes, if its not under warranty he won't have nearly enough to do a manual swap, or get another tranny. If there is just a minor fix I will hook him up with some cash to assist cause I know he is good for it. Really what we are hoping for right now, is that its something really minor if its not under warranty, so that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or if it is something that can be repaired, but the shop wants too much for it, we will be doing it ourselves.

Right now we are just hoping for the best.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yeah, ill post pics of my fitment in the rear tomorrow with the style 19s 205/40 and post them up.

I got everything I need for my tranny swap. Trans, drive-shaft, shifter linkage, all the bolts, oem flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, throw-out bearing, pedal clusters, dme, everything used from a guy on CL for $600. He originally wanted $800, but I worked my hustlin skillz and talked him down. I had to buy 1 thing from BMW for $12. Other then that, I could have done the swap for $600. Not sure how long everything would have lasted, thats why I spent another $2000 on new bolts and upgraded performance parts lol.

-Dan

Comment

• I found a pic with the 205/40 on the style19.

-Dan

Comment

• Def get a wider tire on there. Fill in that gap. Ya dig?
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Damn thats a hardcore pull. It looks awesome though.
            -Brandon-

Comment

• Thats what I wanted to hear. So 215/40 or wider? I know I could fit 225/40 back there without rubbing because I had that size on my last set of wheels. Possibly even 235/40?

-Dan

Comment

• 225 is as big as I would go, 235 is too meaty for my tastes. At worst you could run a 5mm spacer in the back to fill in the rest of that gap if there is a lot of it after the 225's.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
                  Damn thats a hardcore pull. It looks awesome though.
                  Yeah, I kind of got carried away. When your sitting there doing it, it doesn't like enough. Then you step back and its like whoa. I plan on painting the car so im going to "smooth" it out when that time comes.

-Dan

Comment

• Its about a $15 increase for each size I go up. 235/40 is about $135/tire. 215/40 is $99/tire lol And Im going to want meat man lol I have some big plans for performance

-Dan

Comment

• What did you use to pull them that far?
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• fender roller

-Dan

Comment

• Word, such a dope pull.

So umm yeah.. Where has Heather been these past 2 days?
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• It looks a lot shittier in person lol. It was my first time so... I need to smooth them out a bit before it goes in for repaint.

Oh, and I decided on 245/40 for tires. Ill pull it off, trust me but just in case im going to measure it all tomorrow lol.

And no idea where Heather is.

-Dan

Comment

• How wide are the wheels? I am too lazy to look back a page right now, if its posted back there, I can't remember haha.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• You could even do what i had to do when I was trying to stretch a tire on my Works. Because it was a step lip for some reason they were having trouble stretching, so I had to go a size up in width and down in sidewall height. My 225/35 looked exactly like a 215/40 stretched on my 9.5.
                                -Brandon-

Comment

Working...
                                X