This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
    My friend did that haha. His mom told him no modding his 1.8t. He bought coilovers, front mount, and new wheels within a week. His mom has no idea haha
    If only my parents were that oblivious.

Originally posted by Uyles View Post
    Yeah he just changed the subject. Hahaha.

I'm getting a MBP for graduation. My birthday falls pretty close to that so I get $200.
    That's legittt. I am selling my current 13" MBP and getting a i5 High-Res MBP from some of the money I am making from work this summer (should be about $5,000 profit this summer). HOPEFULLY I am getting a 7D for graduation. But I have no idea.

Yeah man I dropped my car from 1.5" to over 3.5" and my dad had no idea even though he told me not to.
    I'm really hoping these tires stretch so I don't have to buy new ones.
    Once again:
    If only my parents were that oblivious. Anything will stretch just some are more willing than others. I have no idea how well Michelin's stretch though.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• No sir. It's 215/40/18 on like a 7 or 7.5 or something. I don't even know the width of my rims, they came on the car and there's nothing on them.

Kielan: I'm looking online at MBP options right now. Is the 15" Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display worth the $90 extra?
      Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

• I re-did my interior and switched it from tan to black (I did a shitty job tho so its on my to do list again) a year ago and my mom just realized it a few days ago haha

-Dan

Comment

• I kind of wish my dad knew some things about cars because he'd appreciate what I do and would actually consider it rather than checking it off in his mind as a waste of money.
          Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Uyles View Post
            I kind of wish my dad knew some things about cars because he'd appreciate what I do and would actually consider it rather than checking it off in his mind as a waste of money.
            So true. My dad knows what I have done to the car, but my mom is clueless. I think she still thinks its stock lol

-Dan

Comment

• He doesn't give a shit about his car. He just takes it in when he needs a new oil change, etc. They put the upgraded Lexus wheels on his car when he bought it new and he told them to take them off because they're "a waste of money".
              Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

• Parents just don't understand.

-Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Uyles View Post
                  Kielan: I'm looking online at MBP options right now. Is the 15" Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display worth the $90 extra?
                  Well if Mommy and Daddy are paying its always worth it . But really it depends on what you are doing. The higher res gives you more work space, on the same size screen effectively. I am going Matte High res because I do a lot of photo work, and because I prefer matte screens over glossy.

I kind of wish my dad knew some things about cars because he'd appreciate what I do and would actually consider it rather than checking it off in his mind as a waste of money.
                  My dad knows some stuff but he still thinks its a waste of money, but he also thinks everything I do is a waste of money.
                  Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                  So true. My dad knows what I have done to the car, but my mom is clueless. I think she still thinks its stock lol
                  MOST women (not Heather) don't notice that stuff until wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy after its happened if ever, its because its not household decorations or a piece of clothing so they just don't care.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                    Parents just don't understand.
                    That they do not.

Excellent Fresh Prince reference btw.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• It's like "why would you spend money on rims?"
                      I don't know, because if I don't spend it on that I'm most likely going to blow it on some other things even more useless like clothes? Wheels can stay on the car for four years. I highly doubt there's multiple shirts you'd wear for four years. -.-

And yeah I just caught that too. Hahaha.
                      Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

• hahaha its true. Plus if you find wheels, refinish them, use them for awhile you can resell them for more then what you paid for them. Its a good investment IMO

-Dan

Comment

• Its like let me use my money here something that will last and I can keep redoing with out actually spending a ton more money, or I will go out and waste my money on shit I really don't need, like speakers, headphones, or some stupid shit like that. In fact that is what I am going to say to my dad next time he tries to tell me I am wasting money.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigee View Post

MOST women (not Heather) don't notice that stuff until wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy after its happened if ever, its because its not household decorations or a piece of clothing so they just don't care.
                            unless you chill/talk with another chick. thats one thing they find out right away
                            |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                            Drama you are like god
                            Originally posted by SwearBear
                            Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama View Post
                              unless you chill/talk with another chick. thats one thing they find out right away
                              Not if your good about hiding it

-Dan

Comment

• Well of course women love drama (not meaning you in this case Alex, but we all know how much they do like you). Any opportunity to start drama and they jump at it.

I see why your username is Drama now hahaha.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X