This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iBronzit View Post
    If your that worried, Rock some of these.

WTF car whiskers??

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
      WTF car whiskers??
      Curb feelers dawg.
      Originally posted by Alexander View Post
      Fuck, how'd that slip through? I'm the one who corrects my friends when they say "rimz", and overhauling the body on half a car is way out of his budget. And like I said, I **** fake wheels, I **** that the companies who deserve our money aren't getting it, but when you have a very low budget there is only so much to be done. I don't expect you to change your mind because you are right. Reps are cheap and gay, but when that's all you can get, sometimes it's close to being justified.
      Insurance dawg. Insurance would pay for that.

And buying reps is never justified. Just saying.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        Curb feelers dawg.

Insurance dawg. Insurance would pay for that.

And buying reps is never justified. Just saying.
        Insurance is already a cunt for him and for me insuring reps would be so stupid, legit wheels = smart move. Respect on that part Ox.

Comment

I know the **** of fake wheels, why they suck, and I agree. Give you're money to the companies who deserve it. BBS, Work, Rotiform, the lot.
          I'm not really trying to enter this real vs. fake debate, but you realize Rotiform wheels have designs that directly imitate other wheels, correct? The BLQ wheels are Lambo LP640 imitations and the MIA wheels are Champion imitations. I know this forum is a huge supporter of Rotiform wheels and that is all fine and dandy, but its hypocritical to bash a company like XXR / Rota / Etc. and promote Rotiform. If you like the quality, sizing options, and finishes offered by Rotiform then more power to you... but by common definition, some of their wheels are indeed "fake".
          Last edited by J. Evins; 01-09-2011, 03:23 PM.
          FlickR

"What really goes on in the mind of a n**** that gets down for theirs? Constantly, money over bitches."

Comment

• Originally posted by J. Evins View Post
            I'm not really trying to enter this real vs. fake debate, but you realize Rotiform wheels have designs that directly imitate other wheels, correct? The BLQ wheels are Lambo LP640 imitations and the MIA wheels are Champion imitations.
            Wheel companies making wheels modeled after OEM wheels is okay in my books, unless the OEM wheels are legit stuff like BBS. Imitating an after-market wheel is wrong, just plain wrong.

edit -
            Christ how many times can you say wheels in a coherent sentence....

Comment

WTF car whiskers??
              Yeah man, Curb feelers,
              They make a scratch noise when your close to the curb.
              Alllll the playas used to run these bad boys back in the day.

1987 BMW e28 535i
              "Respect your elders"

Comment

• Indeed they are, but they have developed quality 3 piece forged and multiple designs of the BLQ.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Wheel companies making wheels modeled after OEM wheels is okay in my books, unless the OEM wheels are legit stuff like BBS. Imitating an after-market wheel is wrong, just plain wrong.

edit -
                  Christ how many times can you say wheels in a coherent sentence....
                  That doesn't make up for the Champion imitations, but okay.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  Indeed they are, but they have developed quality 3 piece forged and multiple designs of the BLQ.
                  Yeah, that is absolutely fine. Regardless of quality you shouldn't bash a cheaper wheel manufacturer because they imitate designs and promote another that does, thats my point.
                  FlickR

"What really goes on in the mind of a n**** that gets down for theirs? Constantly, money over bitches."

Comment

• Originally posted by J. Evins
                    I have proper views on this stuff.
                    In summary:
                    - Reps of OEM wheels made by the car company is okay.
                    - Reps of another companies work is wrong.
                    - Buy legit, be legit.
                    - Only buy reps as a last resort, and they better be temporary!

Comment

• Rotiform has an imitation of an OEM wheel and a non-OEM wheel.
                      FlickR

Comment

Rotiform has an imitation of an OEM wheel and a non-OEM wheel.
                        They bat for both teams....
                        But that doesn't change much does it? Rotiform is a quality wheel maker, turning out results, and getting the respect.

Comment

Yeah, that is absolutely fine. Regardless of quality you shouldn't bash a cheaper wheel manufacturer because they imitate designs and promote another that does, thats my point.
                          I understand what you are saying, but I didn't think the Rotiforms were that similar to Champions... Unless I am looking at the wrong wheel?
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I'm still leaning towards the XXR, just because of the price you pay for a brand new wheel, when the time is right, but who knows.

Comment

• Widened steelies would look better IMO. Have you seen that Green NB Miata (Breezy is the owner he is on here), used to have those wheels on there, they didn't look that great IMO.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                Widened steelies would look better IMO. Have you seen that Green NB Miata (Breezy is the owner he is on here), used to have those wheels on there, they didn't look that great IMO.
                                I'm actually not a fan of steelies on a Miata, that beige Volvo that is on here yes.

These are the two choices that i'll be looking at eventually, both 15x8 +0 (I think for the first example).

XXR 513: $360 shipped.

Work Equip 03 (in this case 01s but you get the idea.): 2+ grand.

Comment

Working...
                                X