X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
      hmm, thats a bit lame, who converts a damn garage into a living space, unless it is a huge garage with couches, TV and beer fridge.
      They needed the room for their two boys. Blows that I lost so much garage space, but the rooms were very nicely done. I could see us using the room in the future. Just gives me more ammo to build a shop sooner.

I did the math in my head, it will probably set me $15k behind the 8-ball to get a garage built, excluding all the niceties on the inside. Probably pour the floor by next summer to get a pad started (give me a flat spot to work on), and then build the rest as funds collect.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
        They needed the room for their two boys.
        well those boys were eventually gonna drive their own cars, so why not put an extension to the house instead of rebuilding the garage?

or are building regulations that tight?
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Congrats Chris

Comment

• hahaha, lol josh in ur avatar

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
              well those boys were eventually gonna drive their own cars, so why not put an extension to the house instead of rebuilding the garage?

or are building regulations that tight?
              It's not so much building regulations- we have 100'+ on every side of the house. It's moreso the way the house was built- the deck comes off the right side of the garage, and I don't want to lose that part of the house. Plus, it's built up on a hill, so extending the garage out would increase my already-dangerous entry angle for the shop- no good for my low cars.

If I build my garage away from the shop a little bit, I can always be out there working no matter what time it is and be loud. If I had a garage attached to the house, that would limit my work time when we pop out kids.

I grew up at my parent's house with a detached garage, and I would be out till 3-4am every other night in the summer wrenching. It was awesome being able to run a grinder without fearing if I'd wake someone up or not.

To give you an idea of what I'm used to:

This shows how far back my dad's shop is from the house

Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
              Congrats Chris
              Thanks dude
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for him to see it. I told him I'd never let him forget about this picture.

Comment

• lol, good call

that's exactly the reason i got mexiroman in my avatar

Comment

• You gave me the motivation haha

Comment

• Morning all!

...Nothing really exciting happened this weekend. Saw my friend's new place, bought some new shoes for the first time in years. Too bad they won't see any use until April, if not May. The weather is absolute shit here right now.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• did u change into a woman?

buying shoes for when the weather gets better?

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                          Morning all!

...Nothing really exciting happened this weekend. Saw my friend's new place, bought some new shoes for the first time in years. Too bad they won't see any use until April, if not May. The weather is absolute shit here right now.
                          I have that dilemma all the time. I bought a pair of Pumas that I absolutely love, now I'm afraid of trashing them.

How's the Civic coming along? Order all your parts?

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                            did u change into a woman?

buying shoes for when the weather gets better?

Well currently I only own one pair of shoes -- they're brown, 4-year old Pumas and the soles are slowly separating. So I'm going to keep these for work, then I got two pairs to wear when the summer comes around: Nike Sweet Classic Canvas in black, and Sperry Topsiders boat shoes in navy.

I still need sandals. But now I finally have enough shoes to where I can wear both black and brown belts with what I own. Nothing is worse than wearing a black belt with brown shoes. Except maybe leukemia.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            I have that dilemma all the time. I bought a pair of Pumas that I absolutely love, now I'm afraid of trashing them.

How's the Civic coming along? Order all your parts?
                            Yeah, I cannot stand spending money on shit, only to ruin it the second I wear it. I've got probably $1000+ worth of sweaters and shirts that I wear sparingly, wash correctly and have kept in great condition for over five years. Good thing, seeing as how I can't afford to buy nice clothes anymore, hahaha. My trick is buying Banana Republic's non-iron shirts. No chance of fucking up an expensive shirt if I don't have to iron it!

And yes, the parts are almost all ordered. Just need tires, and I should be good. Then I need some tools, and I'll be doing my brakes the second it gets nice outside.
                            Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• lol, at how eloquently you stated your point

personnaly i've found that croc leather belt, goes with brown as well as black

Comment

• no belts. and hipster shoes make me sneeze
                                Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                                The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                                P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X