X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• "Get here at 8". Can't set up a lane closure till 9. Thanks for getting me out of bed an be early. Pricks.

Comment

• Sup homos.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Another day in the shitstorm.

A coworker of mine has two beyond-bald front tires on her car, and her alignment is beyond fucked. She's pretty much tapped for cash, and she's riding around on a leaky donut up front, and she says she needs something to get her through till January when she can afford to fix her car. Keep in mind, this is the same girl who hadn't had an oil change since April, and the shop that did her oil change had to flush the motor because it came out in "chunks". :cringe:

I emailed a friend who runs a used tire shop to see if they can help her out with a pair of tires to get her through, and just a front end alignment to get it close. It kills me to send anyone to get used tires, but fuck... something needs to be done.

I have a complete set of 205/55R15 Primewell PZ900's at my house that I have no use for, and I'm kind of temped to ask her if she wants the for like $50. They're cupped, camber worn, and warped from the previous owner, but there's about 2/3 of the tread depth left. But they're such a terrible tire, and I don't want to give her summer tires to drive through the winter with, she has kids riding around in that car....

Uuuuggggghhhh
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            Another day in the shitstorm.

A coworker of mine has two beyond-bald front tires on her car, and her alignment is beyond fucked. She's pretty much tapped for cash, and she's riding around on a leaky donut up front, and she says she needs something to get her through till January when she can afford to fix her car. Keep in mind, this is the same girl who hadn't had an oil change since April, and the shop that did her oil change had to flush the motor because it came out in "chunks". :cringe:

I emailed a friend who runs a used tire shop to see if they can help her out with a pair of tires to get her through, and just a front end alignment to get it close. It kills me to send anyone to get used tires, but fuck... something needs to be done.

I have a complete set of 205/55R15 Primewell PZ900's at my house that I have no use for, and I'm kind of temped to ask her if she wants the for like $50. They're cupped, camber worn, and warped from the previous owner, but there's about 2/3 of the tread depth left. But they're such a terrible tire, and I don't want to give her summer tires to drive through the winter with, she has kids riding around in that car....

Uuuuggggghhhh
            The GM dealership body shop next to my house give their used tires away, wonder if any of them around you do the same?
            It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

• There's a rim repair shop by my old shop that throws away all of their tires and someare brand add new. Try that out, they should have tons of shot, especially in 15

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• If you've already seen it on my Facebook, well...lucky you.

So I was driving to work this morning, and I hear a really subtle "wub-wub-wub" rolling kinda noise. It's a new noise, so I think to myself, "Hmm, let's diagnose this after this song's over on the radio." So I turn my radio up a bit, and about ten seconds later it's louder than the radio again. I say, "Uh oh," and move to the right lane. Once I'm in the right lane, the car is shaking violently, so I'm braking and moving to the shoulder when I look behind me.

The car was shitting rubber. I pull over, and this is the result:

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Two weeks before winter tire time. I will be rocking the space saver this whole weekend, since I'm not going to destroy my Blizzaks in 60-degree temps all weekend.

Tire Rack and Michelin will be getting an earful on the phone today, as I'm WELL under the 30,000-mile warranty on these tires. I'm hoping for one free replacement, but I'm going to see if I can at least get 2 out of it. I don't like the idea of one fresh tire.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• y 1?

if u go to a tyreshop they always change two
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Shit man!

Just as well you were beginning to pull over, that could have been nasty!

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      y 1?

if u go to a tyreshop they always change two
                      Michelin may only supply me with one free tire under warranty replacement; I purchased the tires through Tire Rack Wholesale online. I wasn't intending on spending another $150 for a second tire.

I won't rock one new one, though; it'll be a matched pair. So I guess I have a $150 expenditure to look forward to in the winter (buying summer tires in the middle of January means they're usually a little cheaper).

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Suppppppp fgts
                        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                          Suppppppp fgts
                          Working like a madman. By the way, text me. I don't have your number in my new phone, I think you still have my # though.

Comment

• Andrew, did your tire light come on?

When I worked in the shop we would get cars that came in all the time with a really soft tire and found they always looked ok from the outside but if you took the tire of the wheel there was also tons of rubber on the inside basically making the tire junk. These were normal sidewall tires, (55, 60, 65 series sidewalls)

This is the 2nd low profile tire I've seen blow out like that. Met up with some people on the way down to SoWo and one guys tire did that. He said he'd been keeping an eye on all his tires pressures throughout his trip so I'm just curious if low profile tires blow out like that because of the lack of sidewall and losing pressure quickly.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              Working like a madman. By the way, text me. I don't have your number in my new phone, I think you still have my # though.
                              Oh PM makes sense now hahahaha
                              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                                Andrew, did your tire light come on?

When I worked in the shop we would get cars that came in all the time with a really soft tire and found they always looked ok from the outside but if you took the tire of the wheel there was also tons of rubber on the inside basically making the tire junk. These were normal sidewall tires, (55, 60, 65 series sidewalls)

This is the 2nd low profile tire I've seen blow out like that. Met up with some people on the way down to SoWo and one guys tire did that. He said he'd been keeping an eye on all his tires pressures throughout his trip so I'm just curious if low profile tires blow out like that because of the lack of sidewall and losing pressure quickly.
                                Not entirely sure. My TPMS has been off in my car since I accidentally destroyed one of them with a tire iron as I was swapping to winters two years ago. I keep up with my tire pressures at the gas station and at work.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X