X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    They're dirt cheap.

What's funny is that a lot of parts on that site are sold by factories that have licenses to produce for big-name brands here in the US.

So let's say that Eisenmann sells headers for $2500. If the Chinese factory making their headers (and selling them to Eisenmann at $500 a pop) wants to, they can turn around and put the 'generic' model of that header on Alibaba and sell it for bottom dollar directly to the consumer. You just have to know a bit about what you're buying to get a brand-name system, brand new, for pennies on the dollar.

I'm not sure how strong (or existent) copyright laws are over there. Judging by all the fake shit they make, probably not very.
    oh you mean like MiesterChaft exhausts
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

They're dirt cheap.

What's funny is that a lot of parts on that site are sold by factories that have licenses to produce for big-name brands here in the US.

So let's say that Eisenmann sells headers for $2500. If the Chinese factory making their headers (and selling them to Eisenmann at $500 a pop) wants to, they can turn around and put the 'generic' model of that header on Alibaba and sell it for bottom dollar directly to the consumer. You just have to know a bit about what you're buying to get a brand-name system, brand new, for pennies on the dollar.

I'm not sure how strong (or existent) copyright laws are over there. Judging by all the fake shit they make, probably not very.
      Yep! international capitalism at its (best/worst?) Even if Eisenmann has a patent, it's unlikely to be international.

Buyer beware, with traditional alibaba, there we're multitudes of scams. But with alibaba express, it may be better.

Flickr

Comment

They're dirt cheap.

1) Buy super fake Bride seats for cheap
        2) Sell super fake Brides at fake bride prices
        3)?????
        4) Profit?

It it an even cheaper way to Get Rota's?

Comment

• the auto industry is so shady.

I just got a call from a buddy that owns a small used car lot. he needs a remote starter installed. So the deal that we worked out is that Im charging him for parts and no labor. But in exchange he is going to introduce me to the owner of a big nissan dealership that I want to get as an account lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            oh you mean like MiesterChaft exhausts
            No, I believe they take a design, modify it by 5-10% (whatever the minimum is to avoid copyright infringement) and go from there. But I can't speak to that, as I'm not sure how they do it specifically.

Eisenmann exhausts are made in Germany anyway, it was a random example I pulled out of my head.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Yep! international capitalism at its (best/worst?) Even if Eisenmann has a patent, it's unlikely to be international.

Buyer beware, with traditional alibaba, there we're multitudes of scams. But with alibaba express, it may be better.
            Exactly. It's why we wouldn't try to use Chinese labor for mass manufacture of our parts. We'd rather pay more for American-made, because then if they try to steal our design we can make even MORE money by suing the fuck out of them.

Isn't America great, you guys?

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
            It it an even cheaper way to Get Rota's?
            Rotas are already sold at bottom dollar prices. They walked into their factory, asked the foreman, "Can you make these as shitty and as cheap as you possibly can?"

So, no.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post

ohhh shit Gyro!
              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

No, I believe they take a design, modify it by 5-10% (whatever the minimum is to avoid copyright infringement) and go from there. But I can't speak to that, as I'm not sure how they do it specifically.

Eisenmann exhausts are made in Germany anyway, it was a random example I pulled out of my head.

Exactly. It's why we wouldn't try to use Chinese labor for mass manufacture of our parts. We'd rather pay more for American-made, because then if they try to steal our design we can make even MORE money by suing the fuck out of them.

Isn't America great, you guys?

Rotas are already sold at bottom dollar prices. They walked into their factory, asked the foreman, "Can you make these as shitty and as cheap as you possibly can?"

So, no.
                yea, but back in 2010 i think, there was a huge E9x Eissenmann/ MeisterChaft exhaust disaster. Chinese shit everywhere.

Comment

yea, but back in 2010 i think, there was a huge E9x Eissenmann/ MeisterChaft exhaust disaster. Chinese shit everywhere.
                  Really? Got a link or anything? I'd be pretty interested to read up on this.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Really? Got a link or anything? I'd be pretty interested to read up on this.
                    its all over e90post. thats where it mostly went down

Comment

its all over e90post. thats where it mostly went down
                      http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...eisenhaus+fake

Reading it now. So apparently the Eisenhaus USA company had the rights to import Eisenmann exhaust products, and started making Meisterschafts as basically cheaper knockoffs so they could get a lion's share of the profits?

So now I know how IND Distribution picked up the contract to be the sole importer of Eisenmann in the US, by swooping in when Eisenhaus fucked them over. Super smart move on their part, because then they won't get fakes and sell them to customers by accident.

They must make shitloads off that alone. Eisenhaus really fucked up a giant waterfall made of money. Being the sole importer for a popular aftermarket company must be crazy lucrative.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Reading it now. So apparently the Eisenhaus USA company had the rights to import Eisenmann exhaust products, and started making Meisterschafts as basically cheaper knockoffs so they could get a lion's share of the profits?

So now I know how IND Distribution picked up the contract to be the sole importer of Eisenmann in the US, by swooping in when Eisenhaus fucked them over. Super smart move on their part, because then they won't get fakes and sell them to customers by accident.

They must make shitloads off that alone. Eisenhaus really fucked up a giant waterfall made of money. Being the sole importer for a popular aftermarket company must be crazy lucrative.
                        I got a guy that can import Eisenmann stuff

but yea, it was a whole mess. I came into NAM just as that was ending and people were happy with how we handled it. Since we dealt with Eisenmann and all those high end companies

Comment

• business is slow now. Create a CL ad? yep. This should work well lol

Comment

I got a guy that can import Eisenmann stuff

but yea, it was a whole mess. I came into NAM just as that was ending and people were happy with how we handled it. Since we dealt with Eisenmann and all those high end companies
                            Damn dude. I just read quite a few pages of that.

The Eisenhaus dude fucked up real good, trying to pass off Meisterschaft exhausts as Eisenmann products when they were never the same company. Fuck man.

Some people just aren't built to be businessmen. Or at least good ones.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Open Road Tuning and BagYard.

Nowhere near the size of eisenmann but they had a 100% monopoly and let it whither to shit

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                                Open Road Tuning and BagYard.

Nowhere near the size of eisenmann but they had a 100% monopoly and let it whither to shit
                                fuck ORT up their stupid asses

Comment

Working...
                                X