X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just better to do just do it, that way you can eliminate all the dash support stuff and get a halo done in the car which is a bitch to do. The a pillar bars and underdash bar is to prevent the engine from crushing you in a frontal impact collision, I would highly recommend having a bar stop the engine from ending up on your lap

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
      It's just better to do just do it, that way you can eliminate all the dash support stuff and get a halo done in the car which is a bitch to do. The a pillar bars and underdash bar is to prevent the engine from crushing you in a frontal impact collision, I would highly recommend having a bar stop the engine from ending up on your lap
      Hmmm, alright thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just do a roll bar for now, as I don't want to do a whole cage yet and ruin the streetable safety. Thanks man.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• I couldn't do a cage in time and went with a roll bar, it's that or a deathtrap harness bar

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
          Hmmm, alright thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just do a roll bar for now, as I don't want to do a whole cage yet and ruin the streetable safety. Thanks man.
          hey random question! How much of your caliper did you shave/grind for that mini spacer to clear!?
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

I couldn't do a cage in time and went with a roll bar, it's that or a deathtrap harness bar
            You mean you don't want your roof to collapse on you if you were to roll on a track?
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I couldn't do a cage in time and went with a roll bar, it's that or a deathtrap harness bar
              Yeah, I'd never use just a harness bar. I know a lot of people who do, but I just don't feel safe.

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
              hey random question! How much of your caliper did you shave/grind for that mini spacer to clear!?

Er, probably like, 3mm's on the face itself.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              You mean you don't want your roof to collapse on you if you were to roll on a track?
              Street is fine for harness bars(ie, somebody wanted harness's for looks, but wanted them mounted safely.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• After talking to other racers, I'm also getting a HANS setup asap, are you running one?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Yeah, I'd never use just a harness bar. I know a lot of people who do, but I just don't feel safe.

Street is fine for harness bars(ie, somebody wanted harness's for looks, but wanted them mounted safely.
                  Hence why I said "on the track"...
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

ahhhh ok cool not too bad..... thx and carry on!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                      cliffnotes: loose butthole
                      Fucking LOL
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        Hence why I said "on the track"...
                        I know... Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying haha. I was agreeing with you, just expounding upon the idea. Sorry.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                          ahhhh ok cool not too bad..... thx and carry on!
                          It's a guess, but basing it off facts haha. It fit barely with a 10mm spacer, then it fit with a 3mm spacer. So nvm, closer to 7mm I guess.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Mmm found some ruffles ultimate ship dip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                              roof delete, chu know bout dem shits?

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post

i find them unsafe in any scenario. you oem seat is made to move in a specific direction on a roll over. A fixed back eliminates that so if you roll over (which is more of a possibility in an everyday scenario) you will probably die.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                              After talking to other racers, I'm also getting a HANS setup asap, are you running one?
                              fuck a hans, dale earnheart sr. never used one, and hes the fucking best. ask Senna

Comment

roof delete, chu know bout dem shits?

i find them unsafe in any scenario. you oem seat is made to move in a specific direction on a roll over. A fixed back eliminates that so if you roll over (which is more of a possibility in an everyday scenario) you will probably die.

fuck a hans, dale earnheart sr. never used one, and hes the fucking best. ask Senna
                                I call them convertibles.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X