This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
    Come on dude how much in school you learn are you really gonna apply to the real world?

If college was 2 years or some shit thats fine, but honestly you waste 2 years not doing shit/learning anything important...it's fucking bullshit dude.
    Depends on how you look at it. My degree has nothing whatsoever to do with my current job. However, if I went back to school to finish my 4 year business degree, my options to move around within the company really open up.

Its kinda shitty that's the way it works, but put yourself in an employers position. You have 2 resume's on your desk, one of them has a 2 year business degree, guy graduated with a 3.0, yadda yadda...The other person has their Masters in Business and again graduated with a 3.0....They both don't have any business experience because they are fresh outta school.

Without even meeting either of them, which one would you want to interview?

Shitty example? Yes, but that's the way it works most of the time. Both of my parents hire/fire people and as shitty as it is, a college education really says something about someone.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• You wont even make it to some interviews without one
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
        Depends on how you look at it. My degree has nothing whatsoever to do with my current job. However, if I went back to school to finish my 4 year business degree, my options to move around within the company really open up.

Its kinda shitty that's the way it works, but put yourself in an employers position. You have 2 resume's on your desk, one of them has a 2 year business degree, guy graduated with a 3.0, yadda yadda...The other person has their Masters in Business and again graduated with a 3.0....They both don't have any business experience because they are fresh outta school.

Shitty example? Yes, but that's the way it works most of the time. Both of my parents hire/fire people all the time and as shitty as it is, a college education really says something about someone.
        And now just a B.A. won't get you as far and grad school is almost mandatory, which is good and bad in itself.

My brother wanted to go to law school, but the cheapest one out of all the schools he got into still wanted a 50K student loan for the first year. So he said fuck that and ended up getting a solid job at an investing company just outside of Philly. Not sure if that's totally relevant to what's going on, but I guess it shows that you can get a job straight out of college even in a shitty economy.
        ///M 2.0
        G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Come on dude how much in school you learn are you really gonna apply to the real world?

If college was 2 years or some shit thats fine, but honestly you waste 2 years not doing shit/learning anything important...it's fucking bullshit dude.
          In my career path, school is teaching me a lot, as we get hands on experience and work closely with real companies to make shit happen. And it's a requirement to graduate that you do an internship that fits the schools guidelines of at least 300 hours.
          Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
          LOL its not so much what you learn, its more about showing what you CAN LEARN.
          This.
          Originally posted by andybob View Post

Shitty example? Yes, but that's the way it works most of the time. Both of my parents hire/fire people and as shitty as it is, a college education really says something about someone.
          100% this.
          You wont even make it to some interviews without one
          Also very true.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yeah that's fine and all but why the fuck can't we get into that and just start with the hands on fucking shit? Yeah sure we need to warm up and stuff but come on I'm a fucking business major so why the fuck do I need 9 science credits, 6 kinesiology, 9 art credits, and whatever other stupid fucking useless shit!?
            Seriously that right there is a fucking waste of a year.
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

Yeah that's fine and all but why the fuck can't we get into that and just start with the hands on fucking shit? Yeah sure we need to warm up and stuff but come on I'm a fucking business major so why the fuck do I need 9 science credits, 6 kinesiology, 9 art credits, and whatever other stupid fucking useless shit!?
              Go to trade school then

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                Go to trade school then
                I plan too...if I finish college or not I'm doing tech.
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Yeah that's fine and all but why the fuck can't we get into that and just start with the hands on fucking shit? Yeah sure we need to warm up and stuff but come on I'm a fucking business major so why the fuck do I need 9 science credits, 6 kinesiology, 9 art credits, and whatever other stupid fucking useless shit!?
                  I had to do similar shit for an Auto Body degree. Just the way it is man.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I plan too...if I finish college or not I'm doing tech.
                    You are obviously failing english class.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                      I had to do similar shit for an Auto Body degree. Just the way it is man.
                      Yeah just annoying as fuck man, fucking waste of money and time.
                      It really is a big ass scam lol.

You are obviously failing english class.
                      Fuck. So fucking beat and shit, it's been a long ass fucking day that won't end.
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

Yeah just annoying as fuck man, fucking waste of money and time.
                        It really is a big ass scam lol.

Fuck. So fucking beat and shit, it's been a long ass fucking day that won't end.
                        Oh, I didn't realize you were paying for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          Oh, I didn't realize you were paying for it.
                          Oh I will be. Nothing in my life is free. I just don't have to pay it now.
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Most jobs that make decent money without a degree suck ass. My dad did in house accounting/legal for a construction company and madeless than some of the labor workers. But he also worked 40 hours in an air conditioned office sitting in a leather chair while they latest asphalt in 110 degree heat working 14-16 hour days.

Comment

They do it so that you make sure what you are doing is what you really want to be doing. And to make sure that you have at least a basic understanding of the other shit that people are doing in the world. It's a lot more useful than you think it is. But who am I trying to convince, talking to you about intelligent things is like talking to a 2 year old with down syndrome.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                                Most jobs that make decent money without a degree suck ass. My dad did in house accounting/legal for a construction company and madeless than some of the labor workers. But he also worked 40 hours in an air conditioned office sitting in a leather chair while they latest asphalt in 110 degree heat working 14-16 hour days.
                                Lol

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                They do it so that you make sure what you are doing is what you really want to be doing. And to make sure that you have at least a basic understanding of the other shit that people are doing in the world. It's a lot more useful than you think it is. But who am I trying to convince, talking to you about intelligent things is like talking to a 2 year old with down syndrome.
                                Hey that's not nice.
                                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                                X