This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
    first of all, did this happen to you after you removed the intake manifold? there are a couple of temperature sensors around that area that could affect how it runs after warming up. how are you testing the MAF? could be the cam sensor but you would need an O scope to look at the signal. 02 sensor could be faulty, check resistance.
    It had done this before I removed the intake manifold, but not nearly to this degree.

I've unplugged the MAF to see if it effected anything and it didn't.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
      Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD. Thats what I would put in my car. Second place would be Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH
      Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Thank you
        what kind of car is it?
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          It had done this before I removed the intake manifold, but not nearly to this degree.

I've unplugged the MAF to see if it effected anything and it didn't.
          If you unplugged it and. Itching changed, that would mean that's your problem, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            what kind of car is it?
            2005 Mercedes c230 kompressor

Comment

If you unplugged it and. Itching changed, that would mean that's your problem, no?
              From what I've read and understand, no, because it would be running on default settings, not what the MAF was saying it should. Or at least that's my understanding of it.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

2005 Mercedes c230 kompressor
                werd. hopefully it doesnt need to be completely rewired

Comment

• That keyword is discontinued, but the pioneer is still available.

Comment

That keyword is discontinued, but the pioneer is still available.
                    i meant DNX9990HD. the 9980 was last years

Comment

• Kenwood uses Garmin Nav software, thats why i like it so much. and its got a fast processor

Comment

• Thanks bud, I will pass the message along

Comment

• also the excelon line comes with a 2 year warranty instead of just 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            From what I've read and understand, no, because it would be running on default settings, not what the MAF was saying it should. Or at least that's my understanding of it.
                            If the MAF has failed (not giving any input at all) it could also create no change when being unplugged, or there simply could be a poor connection to it. I would look to that, potentially just find a local person with an e46 willing to let you swap around a couple parts to try them out.

Comment

• this kid is mad as hell i locked his thread hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post
                                If the MAF has failed (not giving any input at all) it could also create no change when being unplugged, or there simply could be a poor connection to it. I would look to that, potentially just find a local person with an e46 willing to let you swap around a couple parts to try them out.
                                Yeah upon reading further, I realize I have misunderstood that completely. I have some MAF cleaner, so I'll try cleaning it first?
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X