This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    It ran fine for 3 days, then it does this fucking shit to me. I don't fucking get it. At all. Maybe intake cam position sensor? But I doubt it, since there is no SES. I can't even fucking drive the car because of this shit. I don't fucking get it. And of course all you guys are going to do is make fun of me. I'm out of ideas, and I've spent close to 2 grand in the past 2 weeks on the thing.
    number of things come to mind but there is no point discussing it. all i have to say bmw is a love **** relationship. it will fail you and test your ability to want to keep it. lol.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
      number of things come to mind but there is no point discussing it. all i have to say bmw is a love **** relationship. it will fail you and test your ability to want to keep it. lol.
      Well let me know what they are, I'd at very least like to have an idea of how much this shit is going to cost me.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• does Charlie have access to Autologic or a computer that might be able to read softcodes that are stored in the ecu but dont set off CEL on the dash?
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Have to cut the inner lips off my rear quarters. Not what i wanted but shit happens.

Comment

• Thats 100% not necessary. I've fit any size you can think of, tucking that shit with factory metal fenders

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              does Charlie have access to Autologic or a computer that might be able to read softcodes that are stored in the ecu but dont set off CEL on the dash?
              He does, but the car will not drive there, it barely made it out of my fucking driveway. I give the fuck up.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                Thats 100% not necessary. I've fit any size you can think of, tucking that shit with factory metal fenders
                Car was hit in driver rear quarter years ago. I didn't know this so when i rolled it, the body filler started to warp and i found massive amounts of body filler stuffed in-between the lips on both lips. I can't roll them any more and don't have much clearance at all. Only way is to grind and notch the lips, get the filler out and hammer the notches up against the fender.

Comment

• on another more amusing note, i got pm from a member mad about me locking his thread lol

Comment

• Dave?

Comment

• Oh, hey Dave!

Comment

• Are eclipse navs fully interfaced with iPods/phones?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                          Are eclipse navs fully interfaced with iPods/phones?
                          lolno

eclipse stopped making stuff in like 2008 or 2009. that was before iStuff went from 12v charging to 5v charging. so even an old unit that worked with old iStuff, would immediately melt all the guts in the new iStuff

Comment

• What would you recommend for an in dash nav?

I'm helping my boss find something. Must interface fully with the iPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                              What would you recommend for an in dash nav?

I'm helping my boss find something. Must interface fully with the iPhone
                              Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD. Thats what I would put in my car. Second place would be Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                It ran fine for 3 days, then it does this fucking shit to me. I don't fucking get it. At all. Maybe intake cam position sensor? But I doubt it, since there is no SES. I can't even fucking drive the car because of this shit. I don't fucking get it. And of course all you guys are going to do is make fun of me. I'm out of ideas, and I've spent close to 2 grand in the past 2 weeks on the thing.
                                first of all, did this happen to you after you removed the intake manifold? there are a couple of temperature sensors around that area that could affect how it runs after warming up. how are you testing the MAF? could be the cam sensor but you would need an O scope to look at the signal. 02 sensor could be faulty, check resistance.
                                Last edited by NegativeCamber; 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM.
                                Originally posted by Kielan
                                I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X