• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
    mostly head units, alarms, but he does custom clusters too
    which I might be contacting him for shortly

bingo
    dude is crazy with the custom stuff, wonder how much those fittings are.

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
    Suspensions getting welded
    finally! only took an entire calendar year.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
      SUCKS BALLS

I guess ill either have to keep rolling on my KWs or my NEX Coils for the time being.
      Yeah man, the dude who we were using as a test car decided he wanted to trade it for a s15 so thats a monkey wrench in our plans plus e30 guys have been beating my door down, its getting scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post

finally! only took an entire calendar year.

Dude im gonna be nervous for the next day or two, I hope he gets it right.
        Explained everything, and showed him Eric's thread. The dudes really good at what he does. I'm just paranoid kinda lol.
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

They're XRP Clamshell fittings, not really Army Navy as I don't think they have ever supplied to the military. I've seen them used before, but most aircraft stuff is not these clamshell fittings. I know the weld on double o-ring fittings in that size (looks like a -8 or so) can be 60$ plus. And that's just the weld on fitting, not the clamshell or the other end of the connection. I'd venture a guess that you're looking at 200-300 bucks worth of fitting at EACH connection.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post

Dude im gonna be nervous for the next day or two, I hope he gets it right.
            Explained everything, and showed him Eric's thread. The dudes really good at what he does. I'm just paranoid kinda lol.
            somehow i figured you were just going to hand over a printout to the welder.
            Originally posted by Kielan
            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
              They're XRP Clamshell fittings, not really Army Navy as I don't think they have ever supplied to the military. I've seen them used before, but most aircraft stuff is not these clamshell fittings. I know the weld on double o-ring fittings in that size (looks like a -8 or so) can be 60$ plus. And that's just the weld on fitting, not the clamshell or the other end of the connection. I'd venture a guess that you're looking at 200-300 bucks worth of fitting at EACH connection.
              SHIT.

regular AN's are sounding real nice right about now.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                somehow i knew you were going to hand over a printout to the welder.
                Hahaha it showed it too him off my phone. He was like yup I got it.
                The only thing I'm worried about is him seating the bag in the wrong spot. But I did tell him exactly where I want it and even gave him a stock/tire so he could bolt it to the hub.

He was telling me, he's worried that whatever oil or components (rings or whatnot) in the shocks might get ruined, idk though....I mean if the kit was made to get welded to shit you'd think the fluid would withstand it right? I mean your shit rides fine and isn't blown lol.
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

plus e30 guys have been beating my door down, its getting scary.
                  Were not THAT persistent...

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Hahaha it showed it too him off my phone. He was like yup I got it.
                    The only thing I'm worried about is him seating the bag in the wrong spot. But I did tell him exactly where I want it and even gave him a stock/tire so he could bolt it to the hub.

He was telling me, he's worried that whatever oil or components (rings or whatnot) in the shocks might get ruined, idk though....I mean if the kit was made to get welded to shit you'd think the fluid would withstand it right? I mean your shit rides fine and isn't blown lol.
                    you are supposed to weld no longer than 10 seconds and immediately dunk it in water. i used special cooling fluid for welding and submerged the shock into it... much better for heat transfer than water.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

you are supposed to weld no longer than 10 seconds and immediately dunk it in water. i used special cooling fluid for welding and submerged the shock into it... much better for heat transfer than water.
                      Well I hope he fucking knows that, I mean he's like making like a steel frame for a mini truck and shit so wtf. Is that the only way to weld steel? Now I'm worried lol.
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

SHIT.

regular AN's are sounding real nice right about now.
                        Funny when AN fittings are "cheap".

Some of the mil spec connectors we use in our avionics are thousands of dollars and that's just the jack side.

like this:

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

• I used a couple of these for connecting my stereo in the E21

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Well I hope he fucking knows that, I mean he's like making like a steel frame for a mini truck and shit so wtf. Is that the only way to weld steel? Now I'm worried lol.

i didnt disclose everything i did, but hopefully your guy has a good understanding of statics and welding techniques for creating strong welds. the pipe's inside diameter that is supplied by airlift is too large to snugly wrap around the stock strut tube. you need to create a filler, using a pipe or molded piece of metal to fill that gap to have good structural integrity at the base.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Yeah man, the dude who we were using as a test car decided he wanted to trade it for a s15 so thats a monkey wrench in our plans plus e30 guys have been beating my door down, its getting scary.
                              Do you need another test car? Or E38 suspension parts? Because I can get you both.
                              Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

i didnt disclose everything i did, but hopefully your guy has a good understanding of statics and welding techniques for creating strong welds. the pipe's inside diameter that is supplied by airlift is too large to snugly wrap around the stock strut tube. you need to create a filler, using a pipe or molded piece of metal to fill that gap to have good structural integrity at the base.
                                Now you're just killing me. I think he's gonna cut the strut tube long enough so the strut sits right.
                                Faaaaaaack you're scaring me .___.
                                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                                X