This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    well we do custom suspension, if you want mind bending low we can do that, or if you want to hit the track we can do that or a combo of both we can do that too.

They arent an alternative to Zc's but i know what youre saying They are a completely different design but i believe adjustable bottom mounts will ride better than any traditional coil.

niiiiice. is chuck doing the install?
    as much as id love to drift the tezza, it probably wount happen. you didnt answer the important question of price
    Originally posted by M.Burroughs
    I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
      as much as id love to drift the tezza, it probably wount happen. you didnt answer the important question of price
      1600 for a full custom set up with the works

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I want some BWS pieces for the Alti!!

Comment

1600 for a full custom set up with the works
          c-c-c-c-combo breaker. im sure thats a great price however, for a car im only keeping for the next 2 years, im not going to be able to get my money back for them. maybe when i move back to the states and my hands on a permanate car or get another 4 year assignment if i stay overseas.

hoping that i go to UK and maybe get another altezza and then perhaps get some new coils

so i think i already know the answer but, rough roads make your suspension wear faster right? is there more technical shit like, because the valveing is meant for track use so its built for smooth road and not bumpy ones, and it makes them wear faster?

the roads on base (which is where i do 90% of my driving) absouletly suck.
          I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• Yeah, Chuck and I will be tackling the install next weekend when I drive up there.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• jaze, aren't your off the shelf fortune auto's only like 1200 for cars without the eurotax?

i'm trying to talk my friend into selling his teins and getting a custom BWS setup. he has a boosted is300 with an r154 trans swap, pulled fenders, gram lights, etc. engine is currently out for a shaved bay, and the trans needs a rebuild, so it won't be back in commission for a while, but he definitely needs it for how low he is and how his car is driven.

Comment

c-c-c-c-combo breaker. im sure thats a great price however, for a car im only keeping for the next 2 years, im not going to be able to get my money back for them. maybe when i move back to the states and my hands on a permanate car or get another 4 year assignment if i stay overseas.

hoping that i go to UK and maybe get another altezza and then perhaps get some new coils

so i think i already know the answer but, rough roads make your suspension wear faster right? is there more technical shit like, because the valveing is meant for track use so its built for smooth road and not bumpy ones, and it makes them wear faster?

the roads on base (which is where i do 90% of my driving) absouletly suck.
                the rough road doesnt necessarily do it but it does compress and expand the strut more than a smooth road and that's what does it. even then its very minimal wear.

valving is a super complex thing to explain with little words but in a nut shell you valve them to perform differently under different circumstances. the higher up on the coilover scale you go there is more inputs for different circumstances.

a top of the line dreadnaught will be valved for high speed compression, low speed compression, succession of bumps to simulate rough track spots, squat under accel, nose dip under braking etc.

a regular coilover has less inputs for just basic stuff like compression and rebound.

i hear you on that though, sucks you have to sell the tezz when you leave.

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                Yeah, Chuck and I will be tackling the install next weekend when I drive up there.
                to VT?
                Last edited by Jesus Christ; 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                  jaze, aren't your off the shelf fortune auto's only like 1200 for cars without the eurotax?

i'm trying to talk my friend into selling his teins and getting a custom BWS setup. he has a boosted is300 with an r154 trans swap, pulled fenders, gram lights, etc. engine is currently out for a shaved bay, and the trans needs a rebuild, so it won't be back in commission for a while, but he definitely needs it for how low he is and how his car is driven.
                  yup, they are still as customizable just limited to 12k and 6" Fortune auto springs.

the BWS stuff has all the bells and whistles so thats the price diff.

Comment

the rough road doesnt necessarily do it but it does compress and expand the strut more than a smooth road and that's what does it. even then its very minimal wear.

valving is a super complex thing to explain with little words but in a nut shell you valve them to perform differently under different circumstances. the higher up on the coilover scale you go there is more inputs for different circumstances.

a top of the line dreadnaught will be valved for high speed compression, low speed compression, succession of bumps to simulate rough track spots, squat under accel, nose dip under braking etc.

a regular coilover has less inputs for just basic stuff like compression and rebound.

to VT?
                    ohhhhhhhhhhhh ok. cause i have TRD springs and struts right now and im feeling the road get rougher and even certain spots i hear knocking noices. i think i need to get it to the garage and see if anything is broke or loose, its does have 200+ KM on the chassis

Comment

• Someone just called this a coupe, and when I corrected them, told me they had a career in vehicles and still call it a coupe....
                      Originally posted by Oxer
                      people are such stupid cunts.
                      fuck everybody.
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                      Originally posted by Dudermagee
                      You're stupid.

Comment

• My god the over-run.
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctt-SxAcvVw&"]FERRARI F40 LM DYNO - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                          Did they sell already?
                          Nah they were taken off of the market
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post

Someone just called this a coupe, and when I corrected them, told me they had a career in vehicles and still call it a coupe....
                            that definately looks like a HB

Comment

to VT?

Chuck lives in Nashville.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

that definately looks like a HB
                                I said it's a 3 door. The guy is now telling me he specializes in AWD platforms. I bet he owns a Subaru and thinks all others are inferior to him.
                                Originally posted by Oxer
                                people are such stupid cunts.
                                fuck everybody.
                                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                                listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                                Originally posted by Dudermagee
                                You're stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X