This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    It's a departure, but sadly not the right one IMO. I think Discovery and Homework were much better. I still gonna listen to it though. I was hoping of more of the style they used in Da Funk or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
    Do you think they honestly could make themselves stand out from any of the electronic crap that exists now with stuff like that?

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
    "My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me...Giorgio."
    I wish that intro was shorter, but that song is so good.
    Originally posted by Oxer
    people are such stupid cunts.
    fuck everybody.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
    Originally posted by Dudermagee
    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
      Do you think they honestly could make themselves stand out from any of the electronic crap that exists now with stuff like that?
      Thats the issue with electronic, it's a bitch to stand out from the croud. I don't think the solution is to stray nearly completely out of the genre.

Also, Contact sounds like Hatefuck from The Bravery.

Comment

• I don't think it's a departure at all, it's fantastic. It's so funky, its got all of the old Daft Punk undertones, but with an awesome funk kinda 80s twist to it. It's so different from that garbage that is coming out today that people are trying to compare it to. It's Daft Punk, they've always been different, and have always done their own thing. I think if you go back and listen to their albums in chronological order, (including a few of the TRON bits) you'll find that this fits right in with the flow.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I wish that intro was shorter, but that song is so good.
          Once you get past the intro it does get good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            I don't think it's a departure at all, it's fantastic. It's so funky, its got all of the old Daft Punk undertones, but with an awesome funk kinda 80s twist to it. It's so different from that garbage that is coming out today that people are trying to compare it to. It's Daft Punk, they've always been different, and have always done their own thing. I think if you go back and listen to their albums in chronological order, (including a few of the TRON bits) you'll find that this fits right in with the flow.
            I always forget about TRON. Makes sense now. I'm just a bit dated listening to the old stuff. I grew up with it and I love it. I need to realize that times change.

Comment

I always forget about TRON. Makes sense now. I'm just a bit dated listening to the old stuff. I grew up with it and I love it. I need to realize that times change.
              It's understandable, but when you think about it, this album makes perfect sense with the direction of their music. I absolutely love the funk influence. I really think this album will change how people view electronic music.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I really think this album will change how people view electronic music.
                You've seen my posts on FB. I truly believe that was the goal. You get that vibe from the music, the lyrics, the flow and the interviews. Everything screams "This is what electronic should be like!"
                Originally posted by Oxer
                people are such stupid cunts.
                fuck everybody.
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                Originally posted by Dudermagee
                You're stupid.

Comment

You've seen my posts on FB. I truly believe that was the goal. You get that vibe from the music, the lyrics, the flow and the interviews. Everything screams "This is what electronic should be like!"
                  Lol I actually haven't.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

It's understandable, but when you think about it, this album makes perfect sense with the direction of their music. I absolutely love the funk influence. I really think this album will change how people view electronic music.
                    I think you may be right. Between Daft Punk and Modestep, I'm interested in seeing where Electronic music goes in the future.

Comment

• I'm just a huge fan of upbeat, melodic EDM music. I like the what Daft Punk did with Getting Lucky. It def breaks away from the norm.

My top 3 artists right now are Kaskade, Alesso, and Dirty South. All 3 had outstanding Ultra sets. I'm really amped about Kaskade's new album, if it's anything like his singe Atmosphere that I believe is on the album, it's gonna be good.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I guess I'm way too used to the rave scene where this just doesn't match. Maybe it's just chill electronic like Pretty Lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          I'm just a huge fan of upbeat, melodic EDM music. I like the what Daft Punk did with Getting Lucky. It def breaks away from the norm.

My top 3 artists right now are Kaskade, Alesso, and Dirty South. All 3 had outstanding Ultra sets. I'm really amped about Kaskade's new album, if it's anything like his singe Atmosphere that I believe is on the album, it's gonna be good.
                          You Listen to Cazzette, Nero or TyDi?

Comment

I think you may be right. Between Daft Punk and Modestep, I'm interested in seeing where Electronic music goes in the future.
                            I am right.
                            Originally posted by andybob View Post
                            I'm just a huge fan of upbeat, melodic EDM music. I like the what Daft Punk did with Getting Lucky. It def breaks away from the norm.

Getting Pharrel for vocals on Get Lucky, best decision ever.

Hardwell's Ultra set was the fucking best. If you haven't listened to it, you need to. Fucking amazing.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

You Listen to Cazzette, Nero or TyDi?
                              I've listed to Cazzette a little bit, Surrender is a really good song. I have not listen to Nero much nor have I ever heard of TyDi. lol

I get a lot of my influence from Sirius' BPM channel. I think they mainly just play the big names when it comes to EDM.

Also, not sure if you have ever heard of StoneBridge, but they guy is a pretty legit DJ IMO. He's starting to produce some of his own stuff, but mostly he pieces together 4 hour longs sets for Sirius that are absolutely killer.

If you are ever in the garage and need some tunes to listen to, play one of his sets from Soundcloud, really good stuff.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I am right.

Getting Pharrel for vocals on Get Lucky, best decision ever.

Hardwell's Ultra set was the fucking best. If you haven't listened to it, you need to. Fucking amazing.
                                hmm. I'll def give that a listen tomorrow while I'm at work.

Also, I really liked Calvin Harris' set.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X