Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastien, what do people think of the Dodge in Germany? Pickups are pretty rare there, no?

Comment

• Thought i was caught up on car projects. Then the Bug's clutch dies.

At least on the plus side i have the stuff to lift the golf.

Comment

• Mike, they either love it or **** it, hah.

Usually it's a reaction of "Awesome, but I would never buy one myself because it's so big and thirsty" though. I can see the point about the size - our parking spaces really were not meant for these vehicles. But thirsty... okay, yeah, it guzzles a bit of gas, but actually many of the V8 pickups here in Germany are converted to run on LPG fuel. And LPG costs less than half what regular gasoline costs. Mine is converted as well. I get about 13mpg on LPG, so it essentially costs as much as running a modern Golf on gasoline.

Pickups used to be really uncommon, but nowadays we've got a lot of Ford Rangers, VW Amaroks, Mitsubishi L200s and Nissan Navaras on the road. Fullsize pickups are pretty rare though, although the Ram is the most common fullsize as the current gen Ram can actually be bought from the Dealership as it's being officially imported by AEC Europe.

Driving my Ram, which has got a Flowmaster exhaust so it's also pretty loud, through the usual German traffic of VW Polos and other tiny grocery getters kind of feels like you're riding an angry T-Rex through a herd of chickens.
        Last edited by Dr.AK; 05-02-2017, 11:30 AM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
          Mike, they either love it or **** it, hah.

Usually it's a reaction of "Awesome, but I would never buy one myself because it's so big and thirsty" though. I can see the point about the size - our parking spaces really were not meant for these vehicles. But thirsty... okay, yeah, it guzzles a bit of gas, but actually many of the V8 pickups here in Germany are converted to run on LPG fuel. And LPG costs less than half what regular gasoline costs. Mine is converted as well. I get about 13mpg on LPG, so it essentially costs as much as running a modern Golf on gasoline.

Pickups used to be really uncommon, but nowadays we've got a lot of Ford Rangers, VW Amaroks, Mitsubishi L200s and Nissan Navaras on the road. Fullsize pickups are pretty rare though, although the Ram is the most common fullsize as the current gen Ram can actually be bought from the Dealership as it's being officially imported by AEC Europe.

Driving my Ram, which has got a Flowmaster exhaust so it's also pretty loud, through the usual German traffic of VW Polos and other tiny grocery getters kind of feels like you're riding an angry T-Rex through a herd of chickens.
          I remember walking the Red Light district in Hamburg at midnight and hearing a Mustang with dual Flowmasters. So out of place, but so awesome.

Comment

• Hah, yeah. It is pretty out of place.

I'm excited. talked with my boss today about getting some time off in August, he said it looks like it's okay but he'll give me the final okay tomorrow. If I get the time off, I'll be going to the UK, visiting Scott (Minuki) and also checking out the RollHard show.

Comment

• Bastien, any ideas on talking to these folks at the Ring?

Should I just give them a call tomorrow? It's gotta be past normal business hours for them now.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Kielan,

just checked the Ring website.

Probably best to coll this number tomorrow: +49 221 95743484
                That's the media hotline for the 24h event.

You're right, we're past normal business hours now. It's currently 6:45pm. Usually business hours should be 8 - 5.

Where did you send your Email? The emails I found are media@24h-rennen.de & akkreditierung@24h-rennen.de

Comment

• I get stuck on the loading screen, Mike.

Comment

Kielan,

just checked the Ring website.

Probably best to coll this number tomorrow: +49 221 95743484
                    That's the media hotline for the 24h event.

You're right, we're past normal business hours now. It's currently 6:45pm. Usually business hours should be 8 - 5.

Where did you send your Email? The emails I found are media@24h-rennen.de & akkreditierung@24h-rennen.de
                    I sent emails to both addresses, with no response. So I figure a call is the best bet. That's the number I had as well. So I'll just give a buzz when I wake up tomorrow.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I just checked your Flickr Kielan.

Those pics of that Z in the rain at night. Excuse me while I go touch myself.

Comment

I just checked your Flickr Kielan.

Lol thanks man. I was real stoked with how those turned out. Hoping i can get some really good content on my trip to really up my portfolio. It needs some serious help. My website is trash right now.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• This is definitely the sweet beta period.

As for Tapatalk, I can definitely take a look into that. I know that vBulletin has it's own mobile version of the forum, unsure if that is turned on though.
                          IG: @sebastienaudeon
                          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                          *pats Sebs head*
                          there there.
                          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

I just checked your Flickr Kielan.

I did touch myself, my uncircumcised self thoroughly enjoyed it, Kielan.

IG: @sebastienaudeon
                            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            *pats Sebs head*
                            there there.
                            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Hah, yeah I really love the atmosphere in those. Looks very Blade Runner-ish. Kinda jealous of all you US folks for all the big cities with all the bright neon lights... must make shooting at night a pleasure.

I've recentlly fallen heavily in love with film photography. Haven't touched my 5D in a while.

Comment

• Do yo thang Seb!

Comment

Working...
                                X