This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
    Funny how these kids build these shitty cars and say they are going for the rat look.

I think its more like they don't know what the fuck they are doing and it gives them an easy out for shitty work.
    Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    I think shitty work and rat rod go together no matter what the age.
    Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
    Lol.

Rat look is dumb. Mikes e28 was a million times better when it was just black. People do this shit for shock value and it's retarded. Not to mention 99 percent of the time they have zero familiarity with rat rod "culture".
    Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
    rat rods have some crazy fabwork and whatnot to make them work, and generally have a ton of attention to details, not to mention a ton of power for what are essentially go karts.

these are just econoboxes that 20 somethings are fucking up for attention.
    Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    Morning.

"Rat look" 'builds' are fucking retarded. Building a car that's already beat and has patina, then giving focus to the details is not the same thing.
    Originally posted by P78 View Post
    rat look does suck

but actual rat (fill in the word bar look) builds are friggin awesome

^how can you not like this
    Quoted all this because yes. Rat rods are built with the mentality of not buying anything you can build on your own and embracing the beauty of natural patina. You can tell when it's forced and it looks like shit. Low, rusty, loud, rowdy, quality built deathtraps are cool. Not your 2000's honda that you made dangerous to drive with salty rust cancer and a can of aircraft stripper.

Also, it's becoming increasingly more fun to fuck with the 16yo kids on this forum. They come in hot trying to "kill the game" and get real sad when you tell them they aren't lol
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Also, I put some of these on the frs. Super wobbly now, but I have so many camberz up front like a real japan land street derifter.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        Also, I put some of these on the frs. Super wobbly now, but I have so many camberz up front like a real japan land street derifter.

ah that's why you got featured on fifteen52 again
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Also, it's becoming increasingly more fun to fuck with the 16yo kids on this forum. They come in hot trying to "kill the game" and get real sad when you tell them they aren't lol
          they do kill the game

only in the literal sence

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
            ah that's why you got featured on fifteen52 again
            Yep! haha actually that was before my fancy camber

Originally posted by P78 View Post
            they do kill the game

only in the literal sence
            So true. There is a civic around my town that's "lowered" on some gsr blades, painted olive drab with a big ass shark mouth down the side, and autozone clamped together exhaust bends to make a "boso" pipe... I **** these people. Got near me in traffic one day so I pulled into a parking lot and let him get on down the road to avoid people thinking I somehow knew him.

Comment

... Got near me in traffic one day so I pulled into a parking lot and let him get on down the road to avoid people thinking I somehow knew him.

Comment

• Morning guys.

I think i'm the only guy on here that hates rat rods.

Comment

• bleh
                  Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Sup bitches.

Comment

• Sup Coco and Dudeman.

Comment

• Sup.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Quoted all this because yes. Rat rods are built with the mentality of not buying anything you can build on your own and embracing the beauty of natural patina. You can tell when it's forced and it looks like shit. Low, rusty, loud, rowdy, quality built deathtraps are cool. Not your 2000's honda that you made dangerous to drive with salty rust cancer and a can of aircraft stripper.

I could kiss you.
                          Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                          So true. There is a civic around my town that's "lowered" on some gsr blades, painted olive drab with a big ass shark mouth down the side, and autozone clamped together exhaust bends to make a "boso" pipe... I **** these people. Got near me in traffic one day so I pulled into a parking lot and let him get on down the road to avoid people thinking I somehow knew him.
                          Man it's like there's one of those idiots in every fucking town. From a local car page:

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                          Morning guys.

That's because "rat rod" is a term used by ignorant idiots who want to justify the fact that they ruined an otherwise nice car. I don't even like the term on cars that are otherwise junky looking but are cool, I just use "hot rod".

Hot rod

Hot rod

Hot rod

Hot rod

Hot rod
                          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                          Originally posted by Ollie
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Man, fuck rat rods and fuck all the gay ass fucking builds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              Morning guys.

I'm actually not a fan, but I see the attraction. I especially **** when people call my car a rat rod. No says I.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              I could kiss you.

Man it's like there's one of those idiots in every fucking town. From a local car page:

Hot rod

Hot rod
                              You COULD kiss me.

I lol'd

Comment

• That fucking Mk4.

Comment

Working...
                                X