This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    Gotta say, BMW always gets their "M" seats right.

I posted in your thread by the way, I didn't know you were looking for a coin holder/cup holder. I just tossed one a few weeks ago because I didn't have a use for it. I'll pick one up for you if I see one at a junkyard.
    The electric lumbar support is fucking amazing man, makes it way more comfy haha.

Haha yeah, I saw that! If you find anymore, hold onto them for me man. There's 2 versions, but either of them would be cool.

Comment

• Can and will do. Just keep your eyes peeled for a steering wheel for me?
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I think I'm gonna hang around today.

I've been pining for the fjords of RT lately.

Hope those of you that aren't my FB friends have been doing well.

Originally posted by Rob&co
        MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

• Morning.

Comment

• Hey guys.

Comment

• So, like, what's new and shit?

I'm driving a 2015 Toyota Sienna this week. It's ... surprisingly good.

The god damn thing comes with a microphone that sends your voice to the back seats, so you can more clearly yell at your kids. Great for parents with anger issues, or parents with shitty kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
                So, like, what's new and shit?

I'm driving a 2015 Toyota Sienna this week. It's ... surprisingly good.

The god damn thing comes with a microphone that sends your voice to the back seats, so you can more clearly yell at your kids. Great for parents with anger issues, or parents with shitty kids.
                Not much new here. Just bought a Jeep and am getting ready to tear down my Z car. What about you? last time I heard you were at some blog.

Comment

Can and will do. Just keep your eyes peeled for a steering wheel for me?
                  Sure man. We can trade

Comment

I think I'm gonna hang around today.

I've been pining for the fjords of RT lately.

Hope those of you that aren't my FB friends have been doing well.
                    Holy shit Andrew is on S|W?
                    Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                    Sure man. We can trade
                    I am not opposed to this.
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                      Not much new here. Just bought a Jeep and am getting ready to tear down my Z car. What about you? last time I heard you were at some blog.
                      Oooh, what kind of Jeep? Don't say Patriot.

I'm currently doing three things:

- I'm a senior writer and fleet manager for an online company with a terribly shitty name. I get new cars, I drive them, I review them. I fill the rest of my week by writing stories about auto-industry news. I occasionally go on media drives to test out new cars before they go on sale.

- I'm still freelancing for the Porsche magazine. Although that's like once every three months now.

- I just got another freelance gig for a company called AutoWeb. The editor-in-chief is a big-ish name in the industry, and it's a job I actually had to audition for. The pay is good, and the work is 100% similar to what I do for my 9-to-5. It's a huge step up for me, because it means I'm the new guy amongst real, honest-to-god experts. It'll be great for my resume, since my eventual goal is to make my way to a magazine like Car & Driver or Road & Track.

Thanks to the new freelance gig, I should be able to pick up my reasonable-dream car within a year: A 911SC 3.2. I sold my 2008 Si sedan to save some money, and I think the 911 isn't too far off. Maybe this summer, maybe next summer, depends on how the new freelance gig is going.

Comment

Holy shit Andrew is on S|W?
                        Yeah, I popped in last night after binging on StanceWorks articles. I saw Jaze's M3, dropped my jaw, and knew I had to hit up RT. It's been too long, man.

Comment

Oooh, what kind of Jeep? Don't say Patriot.

I'm currently doing three things:

- I'm a senior writer and fleet manager for an online company with a terribly shitty name. I get new cars, I drive them, I review them. I fill the rest of my week by writing stories about auto-industry news. I occasionally go on media drives to test out new cars before they go on sale.

- I'm still freelancing for the Porsche magazine. Although that's like once every three months now.

- I just got another freelance gig for a company called AutoWeb. The editor-in-chief is a big-ish name in the industry, and it's a job I actually had to audition for. The pay is good, and the work is 100% similar to what I do for my 9-to-5. It's a huge step up for me, because it means I'm the new guy amongst real, honest-to-god experts. It'll be great for my resume, since my eventual goal is to make my way to a magazine like Car & Driver or Road & Track.

Thanks to the new freelance gig, I should be able to pick up my reasonable-dream car within a year: A 911SC 3.2. I sold my 2008 Si sedan to save some money, and I think the 911 isn't too far off. Maybe this summer, maybe next summer, depends on how the new freelance gig is going.
                          Damn, you're busy. Congrats though. Look forward to seeing the 911.

So I got a Patriot.

Not really though. 74 CJ-5

Comment

• Congrats on the new work Andrew, that's rad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              Damn, you're busy. Congrats though. Look forward to seeing the 911.

So I got a Patriot.

Not really though. 74 CJ-5
                              Now THAT is a fucking Jeep. Great buy, man.

In true heretical fashion, the 911 will be an everyday cruiser. It will stay at stock height, on stock suspension, with little more than an exhaust. I need to figure out how to drive RR before I start fucking with it. Lord knows I've done my fair share of trail-braking in the past, being used to FF, and if I rely on instincts while driving the 911, I will end up dead in a ditch.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                              Congrats on the new work Andrew, that's rad.
                              Thanks! It's been a lot of work, but somehow, it's paying off.

Haven't been to FMU in a minute, but it looks like they're doing well. I believe they've moved away from a 50/50 split between fab and service. They mostly stick to service now, and it seems to be paying off in spades. I wish 'em all the luck in the world; I just don't own a car anymore so I don't have any reason to drive 45 miles from home.

Comment

• CJ you certainly looked happy in the pictures on facebook.
                                Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
                                Yeah, I popped in last night after binging on StanceWorks articles. I saw Jaze's M3, dropped my jaw, and knew I had to hit up RT. It's been too long, man.
                                Indeed. I haven't spoken to Jaze in months. Ollie and Dave had disappeared, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X