Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aside from valve springs and lifters is there anything else I need to upgrade to support a bigger cam?

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
      Aside from valve springs and lifters is there anything else I need to upgrade to support a bigger cam?
      Don't you have to change pushrods?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        Don't you have to change pushrods?
        Haven't read anything about that. Everywhere I look I keep reading different shit about what to do and what not to do. Lol. This sucks.

Comment

Haven't read anything about that. Everywhere I look I keep reading different shit about what to do and what not to do. Lol. This sucks.
          You think Stuart would know anything after his swap?

Comment

• Work dumpage time.

Comment

Aside from valve springs and lifters is there anything else I need to upgrade to support a bigger cam?
              Valve seat pressure needs to be taken into account, valve guides, valve seals, spring retainers, rocker studs, pushrods, distributor gear material (depending on what's currently in there), etc etc.

So yeah.

Let me guess, it's an E303 cam?
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• what happens in here?
                78 GMC Sierra Grande AKA "Black Betty"-Bagged, chopped, stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Valve seat pressure needs to be taken into account, valve guides, valve seals, spring retainers, rocker studs, pushrods, distributor gear material (depending on what's currently in there), etc etc.

So yeah.

Let me guess, it's an E303 cam?
                  Gt40p heads, Cobra upper and lower intakes, 75mm throttle body, B cam.

My brain hurts. This is why I went with autobody.

Comment

Gt40p heads, Cobra upper and lower intakes, 75mm throttle body, B cam.

My brain hurts. This is why I went with autobody.
                    Engine builds aren't that difficult, you just need to have the mindset of "reap what you sow" when it comes down to parts and quality assembly. What makes it so difficult to you?

I'm asking because I actually want to help, not trying to be a smartass.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• asking what makes rebuilding/upgrading an engine so hard to a newb is like asking what is so hard about de-fusing a time bomb

nigga just cause you grew up with your hot rod drag racing dad rebuilding engines doesnt mean the rest of us did

if i handed you a wrench and told you to go fix a jet engine, would you say oh cool no problem, any retard knows how to do this!

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                        Engine builds aren't that difficult, you just need to have the mindset of "reap what you sow" when it comes down to parts and quality assembly. What makes it so difficult to you?

I'm asking because I actually want to help, not trying to be a smartass.
                        Gonna use the Cam as an example. At first I thought it was just replacing the cam with an upgraded one. Then more research told me I need at least springs and lifters. Then you gave me that list of parts I should probably should/need to upgrade. I want to do this right. Replace any parts needed and make it a quality build. I just don't really know what other pieces are needed when I replace certain parts such as the cam. I didn't know that I needed a larger throttle body for the bigger intakes up until not too long ago. Google isn't helping me much, giving me more vague answers to my questions more than anything.

Comment

• prolly old news for you guys. But brooklyn 9-9 cracks me up
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• that andy samberg he's a cheeky twat

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              You think Stuart would know anything after his swap?
                              have you seen his build? doubt it
                              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Sup bros.

Comment

Working...
                                X