Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 years ago, would Rob be as popular as he is? No. Back then, his car would have been considered stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
      Leave and come back in blackface makeup.
      Shirley temple got away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
        Shirley temple got away with it.
        If Billy Crystal can do it, why can't you?

Nike up nigga and just do it.

Comment

Sup Jason.

My thoughts were that when I saw these cars they were in magazines before the internet explosion. You had to work really hard and do some crazy shit to get a feature in a magazine. Now it's:

1) Take popular platform (E36, E28, E46, MK4 etc.)
          2) get low coilovers (Broadways, BC's.......Racelands)
          3) get popular wheels (RS's LM's Rotiforms ACS, etc)
          4) whore pics on instagram and wait for nutswinging feature.

Where's the challenge?
          Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          At least people tried back then.

This x1,000,000,000.
          No challenge.
          EDIT: This was originally meant to be posted on Thursday 5/10/2012 but it took so long for me to put it together that I didn’t manage to get it posted until Friday. Sorry, but please read thr…

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
          Originally posted by Oxer
          You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
          Originally posted by Average_Jerk
          Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            We all have our faults, of that I cannot deny.

I'm more impressed with what they've accomplished with an electric car in general, paired with the crash test ratings and whatnot.

That said, I will never own one, or seek to own one. But at least someone is "trying".

At least people tried back then.

This x1,000,000,000.
            lol I guess you haven't seen the new TG....Yeah its not 100% electric but its 1000000000000000000 times better than that garbage
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Even though i cant really remember that time...I saw those kinda cars and was impressed...but my dad always told/showed me how bad the fab works on most of them (not all but i'd say 90% of them) were...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
                No challenge.
                EDIT: This was originally meant to be posted on Thursday 5/10/2012 but it took so long for me to put it together that I didn’t manage to get it posted until Friday. Sorry, but please read thr…

http://rojasblog.wordpress.com/2010/...come-original/
                I wish I wasn't so young at the time I only got to see that stuff on Powerblock.

Anyone remember the intake that sat out in the bumper like a front mount intercooler?

Comment

I **** to admit it, but I kinda miss the "rice" cars of the 90's- early 2000's. The crazy, molded body kits and putting different front ends on and shit.
                  90' style always rocks, today everthing has to be clean, OEM+ and crazy low..,
                  but this looked good too or even better...

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
                  That's the shit, i wouldn't consider this as rice!

Comment

• wtf is going on in here
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

I wish I wasn't so young at the time I only got to see that stuff on Powerblock.

Anyone remember the intake that sat out in the bumper like a front mount intercooler?
                      I do, also a guy in the Astra Forum rocks it.., today...

Comment

Sup Jason.

My thoughts were that when I saw these cars they were in magazines before the internet explosion. You had to work really hard and do some crazy shit to get a feature in a magazine. Now it's:

1) Take popular platform (E36, E28, E46, MK4 etc.)
                        2) get low coilovers (Broadways, BC's.......Racelands)
                        3) get popular wheels (RS's LM's Rotiforms ACS, etc)
                        4) whore pics on instagram and wait for nutswinging feature.

Where's the challenge?
                        lol wtf get over it. those 90's 2000's bodykit builds were cool at the time cause guys made them themselves and it was a new scene, etc. now, we all know that it was just a big mess of fiberglass. and to argue your bullet points respectively,

1) Those platforms are now popular because they have been previously insignificant in the car scene. That's what it takes to start a wave of something new, you need NEW material. This time around, its bmw, vw's, and nissans etc.
                        2) Todays suspension options beat the shit out of any 90's bullshit eibach springs ever and you know it.
                        3) I don't remember people rocking great wheels in the 90's. I remember a lot of random chrome crap with brands like BOSS and DUB and FOXXXX
                        4) The pic whoring you see today, only grows this hobby, and believe it or not, improves it. Everyone learns and gets to recognize quality once they get past the retard intro stage. Also, all this photo demand has resulted in amazing leaps in photography skill, technology, and product. Kids that you would never see with a camera in the 90's, are learning all about photography, and a lot of them are coming out with excellent work.

I know its easy to **** on what is going on right now, hurts your pride to see underdogs getting recognition, but if you look at the big picture, it is progress in the right direction.
                        Last edited by Miroteknik; 02-20-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• How do you count having a bunch of self righteous asshat hipsters doing the same thing over and over progress?

it's like saying you want to be unique and then buying all your shit at Hot Topic.

Comment

• just the idea that hipsters take old crap and fix it up and re-use it is awesome in my opinion

kinda nice instead of the traditional American mentality oh fuck I used this once better get rid of this shit, fucking paper plate car, cant stand the thought of using you twice, off to the dealer you go! trololololo

Comment

• oh shit my phone is a week old and I hear they made a new one with some bird ass game on that shit!

ordering now!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                                just the idea that hipsters take old crap and fix it up and re-use it is awesome in my opinion

kinda nice instead of the traditional American mentality oh fuck I used this once better get rid of this shit, fucking paper plate car, cant stand the thought of using you twice, off to the dealer you go! trololololo
                                Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                                oh shit my phone is a week old and I hear they made a new one with some bird ass game on that shit!

ordering now!!

You better be joking you hypocritical hipster fuck head.

Comment

Working...
                                X