Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit I see on craigslist:

"I don't need to sell it..." Listed for $2k OBO
    "This isn't a daily driver, it's a show car!" It's a car with cheap parts and is three shades of unfinished primer.
    "Won't last!" Then why has it been listed 6 times in the last month.
    "Custom wheels and tires" There is nothing custom about your XXR's with Westlake tires.
    "Just seeing what's out there" How about instead of 'seeing what's out there', you just browse craigslist.
    "Will post pictures tomorrow" Why didn't you just wait to make the listing?
    "No rust or rot anywhere... ...small bubble on the quarter panel" Are you fucking retarded.
    "Low miles!" 100k on a 2011 model year car is not low miles.
    "Looking to sell my Civic..." No shit, you posted it for sale on craigslist and you want to sell it?
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Yellowed headlights and bulbs that require removing the front bumper/headlight to replace.
      on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

• Those unsightly quick-release bumper rubber bands...especially on bumpers that are still fastened on by about 20 bolts and definitely aren't quick-release.

Comment

• All of the completely stock cars with huge tow hooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
            All of the completely stock cars with huge tow hooks.
            Stock cars with the stock tow hooks on all the time. *cough*E36s*cough*
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• LOL What really urks me.

Wheels:Rims
              FAKE wheels

Also, when people put wheels, curtains and fusa knots in their car and call it "VIP"

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                FAKE wheels
                Man that's such tough one. On one hand you have brands like XXR and Drag which are just junk poser wheels made out of bits of cardboard and aluminum foil. But on the other hand you have "legit" manufacturers like Rotiform where nearly their entire lineup is inspired by (and very close to replicating) many existing & past wheels from truly legit manufacturers like Lamborghini, Porsche, etc. So where are the "fake" wheel critics when Rotiforms show up in threads? Sure they are manufactured at high standards but they are hardly original designs.

Personally I spent the last two years looking for the perfect set of OZ Futuras in a size/offset/bolt pattern that I could make work for my desired setup. Alas I'm still empty handed, so I had a set of Avant Garde's made up in the dimensions I need. But any way you slice it they're still Futura reps :[ While I may be part of the "fake" wheel camp I feel more content with my setup than I would being one of those guys with a bone stock car tucking ill-fitting Bentley wheels acting like my car is pure swag.

Comment

• True. CCW D11L remind me so much of nt03s. Also rotiform BLQ are "fake" lamborghini lp560-4

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                    Also, when people put wheels, curtains and fusa knots in their car and call it "VIP"
                    This.
                    on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

• When multiple Tractor Trailers or big trucks(5Tons) take up both the slow and fast lane. There should be a rule for them to stay right
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by [666] View Post
                        Those unsightly quick-release bumper rubber bands...especially on bumpers that are still fastened on by about 20 bolts and definitely aren't quick-release.
                        That's me

I have quick releases because the bumper clips were snapped off by the PO and the bumper cover was JB welded to the fender, but I still have 4 screws holding on the grille and a license plate relocator that's screwed into the bumper support. Oh yeah, the black rubber bands were so cheap that they dryrotted and fell off, so I am using neon zipties.

Oh yeah, technically OZ futuras could be considered reps. The original wheels were produced by Koenig Specials(they build some pretty strange ferrari's way back when), and then they sold the design to SSR(they had 3 different lip options), OZ, desmond(the guys who make the Regamaster Evo), and Modia(I think it's a Keiichi Tsuchia company).

I wouldn't really call Avant Garde reps, as they have quite a few of their own designs. I think that like Rotiform, they are just recycling a timeless design that is either near unobtainable or out of production. Look at the Panasport banana spoke wheels, RS watanabe's, and Enkei Compe's(original 80's style, and new). They all build a wheel with a timeless design, and high quality, yet none is a replica of the other I guess.
                        Last edited by rice4life; 07-02-2014, 06:21 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• I think there's a difference between "reps" and what I call "tribute" wheels. It's pretty damn difficult these days to come up with a truly original, never been done before wheel design. So I don't mind companies like Rotiform, or 1552, or Image, etc that take the time to produce a well engineered, high quality, modern version of a timeless design. I can't stand a company like XXR that blatantly rips off a design and manufactures it out of low grade material with little to no thought to the actual construction.
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• When people call their cars "slammed" when they are just moderately low.
                            Instagram|Tiedtoagrizzley

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                              I think there's a difference between "reps" and what I call "tribute" wheels. It's pretty damn difficult these days to come up with a truly original, never been done before wheel design. So I don't mind companies like Rotiform, or 1552, or Image, etc that take the time to produce a well engineered, high quality, modern version of a timeless design.
                              Everything's a remix.

Comment

• [QUOTE=benz88;1321827]People who call Mercedes, "Mercs" Call them Benz's or M-B's.

I've always called them "Mercs" because Top Gear says it so much. Honestly didn't know it bothered people.
                                "If one has not failed at times, then one has not challenged himself."
                                -Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

Working...
                                X