This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting yelled at by people who don't know you're in perfect control

So i live in Syracuse, NY, where its currently dumping snow. Driving a Volvo V70 R, which has a quite nice awd system for those who are unfamiliar. So to set up the story i hang a right, initiate a drift (or power slide idk the proper terminology for awd cars, regardless, i was going sideways) then about 100 feet, nasty transfer left, pro apex hit into the entrance of a gas station, 30 feet, another ill transfer back right into the parking lot. Then im bustin' a nasty slide through the lot, yank the e-brake and park like a fuckin boss into a spot right next to a car. So i go inside to casually buy a drink and leave when the employee goes "SIR! SIR! are you driving the volvo?!"..."yes"...."Well you almost hit my car and his car!! (other worker)" I wish i wasn't such a pussy otherwise i would have talked huge shit and left because this guy was being as asshole. And i was in full control the whole damn time. If i knew how big of an ass this guy was i would have just hit his car honestly. and yes im an irresponsible kid and it was stupid so you dont have to call me one in case thats your plan on this here thread.
    So, who else has these stories and wants to share?
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=267166

I have sever anxiety so no

Comment

No, I won't call you an irresponsible kid.

You are quite more accurately; A FUCKING RETARD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post

jesus man calm down. i admitted it was stupid. i should have stopped the slide after i entered the parking lot for sure i forgot when you're having fun in a car on streets its frowned upon on a car forum. god damn.

Comment

People are going to freak out when you slide around their cars- to them, you're no different than some irresponsible idiot sliding around in his mom's car with no experience.

If I didn't know you, I would probably ask you "what the fuck?" too. If you want to slide, go slide out in areas where you won't hit other people.

I'm in Rochester, NY- we got pounded with snow last night too. Definitely good sliding.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wergen7 View Post
            jesus man calm down. i admitted it was stupid. i should have stopped the slide after i entered the parking lot for sure i forgot when you're having fun in a car on streets its frowned upon on a car forum. god damn.
            You're a retard for drifting on public streets period. Every kid thinks they're invincible and "in control," and yet it's your age group that accounts for the most car accidents, primarily because of stupid shit like this.

The next time you feel like endangering the lives of everyone around you (and their personal property), do us a favor and hit yourself with a hammer instead.

Do it on the track or not at all.
            Jason
            flickr
            build thread

Comment

There are tons of empty parking lots when it snows, you couldn't go find one? You deserve everything that was said to you. Absolute moron.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I wish i wasn't such a pussy
                Just felt this needed to be quoted.

I enjoy the drift, but only morons slide on the street. And it takes a real special type of retard to slide in gas station lots around other cars.
                025garage

Comment

Just remember you're in control until about 5 seconds before you hit something.

Comment

Say you were parked at the gas station looking outside and another mom-mobile like a minivan or something comes sliding in multiple directions across the lot and barely misses your car. What would you say to the driver?

Comment

I know it was stupid holy fuck i already said it! I'm sure none of you have ever done anything dumb or wrong in a car ever. So you responsible old farts can keep your "your a retard" comments to yourself. Don't drive too fast now you might have a heart attack

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post

+1

Did the same this year here in germany, long story short:
                        Hit a huge pole in a parking lot...
                        Pole 1
                        Car 0
                        Moral of the story: Never again do this shit when people and/or their cars are around...

Comment

and yes im an irresponsible kid and it was stupid so you dont have to call me one in case thats your plan on this here thread.
                          lol. You had to know it would happen though.

Comment

I know it was stupid holy fuck i already said it! I'm sure none of you have ever done anything dumb or wrong in a car ever. So you responsible old farts can keep your "your a retard" comments to yourself. Don't drive too fast now you might have a heart attack
                            **you're.

at least we really know your intelligence level isn't too high.

what funny is that the OP is calling everyone old farts, yet i'm willing to best most of us are in our early to mid 20's.

oh, and OP, the V70R AWD system is junk. It's HaldexII so it sends at most a whopping 10% of the power to the rear wheels, that and the angle gears go like no tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Matt; 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

you're*

i'm not a fan of having to share the road with morons who readily admit to doing stupid shit and then go on the defensive when people call them out on it. people get hit by cars all the time even when they're not intentionally acting like a retard, even more so when the road is slippery. the fact that you're admitting that you knew it was stupid shows us that you couldn't care less about the innocent people you put in danger.

sorry this thread isn't going the way you expected. hopefully when you do lose control you only end up as a stain on a tree instead of plowing into pedestrians or other drivers.
                              Jason
                              flickr
                              build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X