Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoky0937 View Post
    I gotta say my favorite part of being low is being able to take corners like a motherfucker. I mean I love turning heads and what not but my suv/audio project/donk will turn heads from a few hundred away. Going into a corner without even touching brakes and not having the slightest bit of body roll makes me feel like such a racekar driver even though i basically drive an underpowered go cart.
    x2.

I drive a road to/from work everyday that has a pretty nice left to right sweeper. There have been times when the road has been dead empty and I've gone through at 110-120. It takes the Kia a little while to get going that fast but it's pretty damn stable at those speeds. Gotta admit it's kinda fun.

(Disclaimer: I know its not 'safe' to go that fast on the street, so don't turn this thread into an argument.)

I really wish there road course close to my town that allowed the public to have track days. I feel like track driving would be wayyyy tooo much fun. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

One of the best things about being low, and owning a modified car, is know that out of all the cars in the world, you will never see one that is exactly like yours.
      IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Originally posted by geminidubber View Post

I miss this slut so much................ I will say this I will be back. Sold the car a year ago........ long story short it's gone. I'll build another.

Anyways I remember the best moment with this car was rollin down the road doing my thing and there was a old skool lead slead rat rod in front of me. we come to a light with lead sled beside me at light and two girls behind me I notice in my rear view they are making some commotion. I don't bother and these girls make a quick lane change as the light goes green and im thinking they are going nuts over the lead sled........... they pass him and get in front of my car one chick pops out of her "assuming" moms Jag's sunroof and starts taking pics. They moved into the lane next to me still taking side shots i throw em the wave and roll on. ......................... Panty dropper.

MMMMMPHHH. That Mercedes is fabulous. FAP
        Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
          One of the best things about being low, and owning a modified car, is know that out of all the cars in the world, you will never see one that is exactly like yours.
          Unless you own a bagged vw
          sigpic

Comment

^^ I was going to agree with that quote until i remembered that my bagged vw is just the only one in the northeast corner of connecticut like it, and maybe not even that...

Comment

Going to Canadian tire or other crappy auto places to get an allignment only to be told the car is too low and that they don't care if you have 2x4's in the trunk cause they won't be able to adjust anything that low.
              1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
              1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Ahh i miss all this stuff so bad, ive been in germany for the last two months and havent been able to drive my car. I can not wait to get back to it.

Comment

I agree with a lot of the comments on here.

But I have to say my favorite (low) moment is when you get than guy in that new car on your ass on the highway.... and you know the road and the upcoming turn.... accelerating instead of braking, knowing you can keep pushing the car up until you start to hear that slight tone change in the tires hitting that turn at twice the posted speed and watching that new car behind you roll, sway, wiggle, swerve, slow down and almost become a salvage car...

... then watch him finally catch up with you 2 miles down the road and give you the head nod and proceed to drive normal OR never get close to you again to save face.
                  DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                  E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
                    Unless you own a bagged vw
                    Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                    ^^ I was going to agree with that quote until i remembered that my bagged vw is just the only one in the northeast corner of connecticut like it, and maybe not even that...
                    Hahahaha yeah, but its the smaller mods that make it different.
                    IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I am pretty happy with my clear side markers every time I see a white MkV with orange ones. No one is going to have the exact combination of my modifications.

Comment

last weekend there was a workday at my camp, and I had just recently gotten my car done, so no one there knew I was on air. One of the assistant camp directors has a VW Thing and loves bringing it to shows. At the end of the day he asks me if I got a new car or if i got new wheels, he also mentions that he noticed how low it was. I tell him it's on air and he says, "oh, like an old Citroen," and adds, "The rear wheels kick out like old air-cooled vws!" He then started telling me that his club lets water-cooled VWs in. Haha!

Another time this weekend I was driving down the camp road and came across a group of younger staff members (15-18yo) walking up to the ranger station and I stop to talk to them. Without saying anything I start hitting switches and a couple jaws dropped. I asked what was wrong and one said, "your car..." and that was all he could say. Another kid said, "This is the happiest day of my life." I asked why and he replied, "I've seen this in GTA, but never in real life." And I drove away.

Comment

Bracing yourself for that inevitable dip in the road that you know you're going to hit. So you're up in your seat like a grandma driving, but you have a huge smile on your face because you know your passangers are going to freak out and say, "What the fuck was that?!".
                          SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

My old mk4 would scrape horribly on my gravel driveway, but it only sounded bad. My roommate would cringe and one time he said, "that sounds so bad." I couldn't even respond because i was grinning so much.

Comment

I love the comments and **** I get. My E39 isn't that low either. Hopefully will be next year. I was in Cranston, R.I. a few weeks ago visiting family, pulled into a gas station and some kid random kids in a silver E39 just came up to me start asking me stuff about mine. Then some old fekker in another E39, looks at me and says "you ruined a perfectly good car".....LMAO!! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by budski View Post
                                attention, even more so since I've moved to a small town in the country where a car like mine has never even been seen before.
                                This. Love going to small towns and have people look at you like wtf?

Comment

Working...
                                X