Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i mention that 25 of the miles are through a canyon

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

• Oh, then it would be more fun. I love doing twisties on the ruck

Flickr

Comment

• I do a 32 mile roundtrip each way.

I did change the variator (stock to KN), but I did not change the belt yet (my stocker looks fine).

I hear that KN can actually drop top speed though, I might switch to Polini.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

• have you tried the driveface shave mod??

also, I still wanna put some more miles on my polini before I decide but maybe in a month or so, if I still dont like it, we can trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by e30_fiend View Post
            have you tried the driveface shave mod??

also, I still wanna put some more miles on my polini before I decide but maybe in a month or so, if I still dont like it, we can trade.
            Nope, haven't shaved yet.

If you decide you want to trade, definitely shoot me a PM. KN feels great off the line, but I need the top end because of how much cruising I do on the commute.

Comment

• If you JUST changed it and not the belt, i think that may be it. I wouldnt top 41 or so right after i did it, but now i can do 42 or 43 on flats.

Flickr

Comment

• might just be that the old belt isn't wide enough to get to the top of the KN?

Comment

• Man my scooter does 35 and like almost touch 40 downhill with wind at my back. I weigh like 145 open intake and jetted for it
                  '89 civic hatch 15x8 sportmaxx 501 +15 offset stolen and recovered without my wheels SOLD
                  '93 civic sedan tbd
                  '92 civic sedan cheviot reverse mesh

Comment

• Originally posted by .:dutchtuner:. View Post
                    might just be that the old belt isn't wide enough to get to the top of the KN?

See heres my problem, I changed so many things at once, I dont know what is the contributing factor to the lack of speed. I did a kevlar gates belt and the brand new variater and weights all at the same time. So I really need to give it some more time to break in. I think I have put like 30 miles on the setup. I have heard that it takes anywhere from 50-100 miles to really break it in. When I first did it, I couldnt get over 32mph, then I finally broke 40 one day and it just seems to be getting better everytime I take it out. The polini really is a nice variater. I want to try some 5gr Dr pulley sliders though. That should make the acceleration perfect along with my top end. I also have some blue clutch springs to install as well. That will def help with the accel.

Taylor

Comment

• Might be the gates belt. Ive heard stock belts give more top end then the gates

Flickr

Comment

• stephen...you took over my hopes and dreams of owning a ruckus...

www.effineuro.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          If you JUST changed it and not the belt, i think that may be it. I wouldnt top 41 or so right after i did it, but now i can do 42 or 43 on flats.
                          That's good to know.

I actually rode into work today, so on the way out, I'll fire up the GPS and check my top speed. Maybe it's gotten better.

To clarify, you're saying that you left the same belt on and it improved over time after changing the variator? I have a new belt, debating whether or not to put it on. Want to isolate some other factors before I change one more, though.

Even at 40mph, ride in to work was super fun. Weather is great. KN is great off the line, and I haven't even installed my pink clutch springs.

Comment

• so how much do ruckus' go for these days... used?

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

• you can snag 'em easily for like 1500 on cl.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

• oh word?!

i might have to get one for school next semester.

gotta finish the fucking audi first though

do you need a motorcycle lisence for this though? how much is insurance?

Widebody B6 build

Comment

Working...
                                X