No announcement yet.

What is 'stanceworks'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true. ****** are one's biggest fans.

Comment

Fuck those fools. I say we make a forum where slammed cars, wide-low offsest wheels and stretched tires reign supreme!!!

Originally posted by Moose
      And roof racks with random shit on it, stop that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinman View Post
        e46f reallllly makes me not even want a BMW anymore. I love the cars to death, but the stereotype I get from driving one is ridiculous. My car isn't the "nicest" car out there, but at least I paid for it. A 17 year old paying for his own car after almost a year and a half of working and saving. Most people would say I'm rich for having one, but you cant tell that to a guy who is getting evicted from his house due to his mother losing her job can you? I've considered going with cheaper wheels, or not the best coilovers, because I plain cant afford it. just because someone does something the cheaper way, doesn't make the "wrong" IMHO. If people think my car is so wrong because I cant afford the better parts, feel free to Paypal me the money to do it the "right way".

/little rant.
        not picking at you personally, but you bring up some very important issues that todays generation has. where are the priorities? its one thing to not want to spend top dollar on a car that isnt worth it, and its another to be cutting corners simply because you "cant afford" it. if thats the case, modding a car shouldnt even be on the to do list at the moment. also, you have a great role model of what it means to be yourself. (mike b) why would you ever feel like moving away from a car that once was fun to drive just because of a bunch of tools say this and that. if that was the case, mike would have gave in along time ago and this site would probably be puristworks.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Schieldrop View Post
          Then it has to be a Porsche 964. Coolest car in the world imo...
          fuck... i like you

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
            not picking at you personally, but you bring up some very important issues that todays generation has. where are the priorities? its one thing to not want to spend top dollar on a car that isnt worth it, and its another to be cutting corners simply because you "cant afford" it. if thats the case, modding a car shouldnt even be on the to do list at the moment. also, you have a great role model of what it means to be yourself. (mike b) why would you ever feel like moving away from a car that once was fun to drive just because of a bunch of tools say this and that. if that was the case, mike would have gave in along time ago and this site would probably be puristworks.
            You make a very valid point NegativeCamber. I love a lot of different car companies, don't get my wrong, but I'm not to sure what else I would buy if it wasn't a BMW. Sure, the ones in my family aren't the best, but they are great for what they are. I appreciate the feedback, honestly I just had a little rant after reading about 10 or so pages of that thread.

-Michael

Comment

Does anyone have any more pics/info on that seafoam green 911 posted in the e46f thread. That thing is total fucking tits.

Comment

Originally posted by e30bmw View Post
                Does anyone have any more pics/info on that seafoam green 911 posted in the e46f thread. That thing is total fucking tits.
                It's a Rauh Welt built rwd turbo. I believe it's based on a 930 or a 964/965.
                Don't really know that much more since the Rauh Welt website was only in japanese last time I checked...
                |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

Originally posted by e30bmw View Post
                  It was built by Rauh-Welt Begriff (RWB), owned by Nakai San. They're in japan and they build track oriented Porsches, typically 930's and 964's. He started out building AE86 drift cars on a team called Rough World and he coined the "offset is everything" motto. Hes basically responsible for that whole scene, zipties holding shit together, all that stuff. True OG

The 86

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

It's like I've always said/thought: __________ Owners' Clubs are & will always be biased.

If there is something that they do not understand they will find a way to mock & degrade it just because it's not something they would do.

The best clubs are multi-manufacturer clubs such as this one: Everyone's accepted, everyone's appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RD408 View Post
                      Sounds like Vwvortex!
                      Negative.

BFc is way, way, way, WAY worse.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I didn't post in that thread and I am only posting in this thread as a word of advice being one of the older guys on this forum.

By making the thread over there umpteen pages long and having this one nearing 4 pages, it validates that you actually care what they are saying. It's hard to ignore because as car enthusiasts, (not purists and not stanceworks and not boyracers) just plain old car enthusiasts we typically put a lot of passion and effort into our cars. They don't get it, they don't want to get it, and they will never get it. Leave it alone, they are doing it to watch you squirm.

If you are in the forest crying for help and nobody hears you for days and days, eventually you will die. So will their threads.

Comment

and that whole thread, and as well as the forum is the reason why I registered here at stanceworks. I cant stand the elitest bmw and vw douche bags. Every person i have seen post in this forum has nothing but positive things to say and positive criticism. If someone doesnt liek your car, they will tell you, but not in an elitest kind of way. I just dont get it sometimes. We are all car enthusiasts at heart, bimmers, vw's, jdm, etc...People should be uniting on this shit, instead of bein dicks about it. Obviously this is the internet, there will be people like that and there really isnt anytihng we can do about it. This rant is basically me letting Mike and the guys who started this forum know how i feel about it. Thanks for makin a place where peeps can come to a positive environment and just talk about the main reason why we are all here in the first place and the things that make us happy.....our cars!
                          Last edited by Joe Flacco; 10-16-2009, 04:15 PM.
                          SeenItcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Flacco View Post
                            . This rant is basically me letting Mike and the guys who started this forum know how i feel about it. Thanks for makin a place where peeps can come to a positive environment and just talk about the main reason why we are all here in the first place and the things that make us happy.....our cars!

Comment

I literally LOL'd to Sneaky's post at e46f's

"lol so much elistism on that site. I guess everyone thinks their wife is the prettiest.

I like stance, but I don't like the 'were so original, were better then you attitude"

too funny. Its not our faults that we seem to have more fun doing what we do then them.
                              SeenItcrew.com

Comment

Not trying to point fingers or anything, but It kinda saddens me when people say they almost dont want a bmw because of the purists/scene. Yes, they get annoying, but thats usually the aspiring wannabe purists who are idiots or complete tools. The real purists usually at least know there shit and can build a mean car, as well as provide a knowledge base for when shit does go wrong on your car. (keep in mind these purists im talking about are a minority, not the bitching douchebags playing with daddys money) I cant speak for the rest of the bmw world, but at least for e30s severe drops, dish and stretch have been around a loonggg time across the pond, so theyre are plenty of people who wont **** on your particular style of car if it really means that much to you

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X