• Time
  • Show
Clear All

verizon iphone is 4tehhomosexz
    Titanium Grey Metallic E39 M5
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prod0660 View Post
      ive had 3 android based phones in the past 10 months, from HTC incredible to G1, and i can say that my incredible ( my 3rd incredible, i break em alot) is a pretty well made phone as far as handling information and getting used ALOT, to the point my battery would die after 3 hours of use. android products are coming up in terms of versatlity and quality. but since the software is only as good as the hardware in some cases, the reliability and quality of android software can vary from samsung to HTC ( my opionion HTC ANDROID or no android at all ) apple makes a phone by APPLE with software by APPLE so its APPLE all the time...but the amount of developers and programmers on GOOGLES team is no joke and constantly listening to the needs of its customers has proven to pay off...im on verizon and just broke my incredible last night so maybe ill wait until FEB for the iphone..
      see i have lots of people complain about battery on android devices. and well on my evo with the stock 15k battety i have widgets set up to save my battery i am on the phone constant 24/7 and when i got to bed my battery is at about 40 - 60%

i just htink its funny these poeple who have android 2.2 and they still use apps such as juice deffender and task killer, when really that just kills it faster. cause those apps are ALWAYS open and running. so set up widgets and such and your phone will last you a looong time. i have some days where mine will last me two days almost three without seeing a charger. the most used omn mine is the mobile or "3g/4g" toggle widgets, those help the most.

Comment

i have a droid x. it shits on the iphone 4 on at&t, and will most likely continue to shit on the iphone 4 on Verizon. why? the iPhone 4 currently has no 4G LTE coverage, and well...Droid Does.
        the iPhone 5 is probably coming around summer, don't lock yourselves into a 2 year contract until you've taken some serious thought.

to be honest, it's a good thing that it's coming to Verizon regardless of if you have Android or iPhone, because the competition is going to force Google and Apple to make better products.

they're two different companies, and it's pretty damn apparent. i mean, just look at how they market it. one markets an OS, the other pushes the brand on a phone.

my opinion? Android as a whole is better than the iPhone, which shouldn't really come as a surprise when you consider things/options customers want. Google is also much more intelligent than Apple. alright, carry on.
        Last edited by Uyles; 01-11-2011, 07:34 PM.
        Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

Originally posted by Uyles View Post
          i have a droid x. it shits on the iphone 4 on at&t, and will most likely continue to shit on the iphone 4 on Verizon. why? the iPhone 4 currently has no 4G LTE coverage, and well...Droid Does.
          the iPhone 5 is probably coming around summer, don't lock yourselves into a 2 year contract until you've taken some serious thought.

to be honest, it's a good thing that it's coming to Verizon regardless of if you have Android or iPhone, because the competition is going to force Google and Apple to make better products.

they're two different companies, and it's pretty damn apparent. i mean, just look at how they market it. one markets an OS, the other pushes the brand on a phone.

my opinion? Android as a whole is better than the iPhone, which shouldn't really come as a surprise when you consider things/options customers want. Google is also much more intelligent than Apple. alright, carry on.
          i agree. my phone does everyhting i need it to, i have not found one thing my android phone can't do and i can think of several things the iphone can't do. this is a very valid point. +1

Comment

Originally posted by Uyles View Post

iPhone 5 MOST likely won't be on Verizon until later this year, think September or maybe even later.

OR

Since Apple is very reliable when it comes to releasing product updates, it is possible that you won't see an iPhone 5 on Verizon until Feb 2012.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

stike, i noticed that too. i can't find something useful that my Droid doesnt do. the reason Android is so successful is because there's so many options for phones. want a keyboard? a bigger screen? all touch screen? chances are, there's an Android phone that has it. people like options.

and yeah kielan, that was all just speculation.

we'll see which is better, because whichever phone is going to get Verizon contracts (money) is the phone that Verizon is going to promote to the fullest.

i doubt there's going to be a huge amount of people that switch from Droid to iPhone because of this, but the iPhone being on Verizon will definitely take away potential customers to Android phones.
              Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

Oh and CDMA will never beat GSM, the ability to travel internationally and still use your phone is fantastic.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  Oh and CDMA will never beat GSM, the ability to travel internationally and still use your phone is fantastic.
                  if you travel maybe, yes. but, if you are here in the us. cdma users will get alot better service. gsm will never match the service capability of cdma here in the states.

Comment

Every June or July apple has released an iPhone since 2006... I don't think that will stop this year. They announce it about April/may/June and would release it about June/July.

That's just looking at previous release history. I think that will continue because think about all the people that rushed out and got the 3GS on a 2 year contract! (and honestly iPhone 4 is a pretty crap ungrade over the 3GS. I would go elsewhere for a new phone)

Just my 2c
                    [QUOTE=Oxer;1593769]I Love VW's[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Thestu View Post
                      Every June or July apple has released an iPhone since 2006... I don't think that will stop this year. They announce it about April/may/June and would release it about June/July.

That's just looking at previous release history. I think that will continue because think about all the people that rushed out and got the 3GS on a 2 year contract! (and honestly iPhone 4 is a pretty crap ungrade over the 3GS. I would go elsewhere for a new phone)

Just my 2c
                      i agree the 3gs was alot better than the iphone for according to the specs i have read

Comment

i dont like the LOCK AND CHOKEHOLD apple has on everything it makes, versus google handing out its products....ethics somwhat shape if i buy a product

Comment

I think it's cool that someone else can finally have a go at the iPhone. I think it's biggest hang up was AT&T. But at the same time, I'm not much of an iProduct fan boy. I only like their desktop systems used in publishing houses or tv stations -- those things kick serious ass. Anyways, I've tried using the iPhone (2, 3GS, and 4) a few times and I just don't like it. I like Androids more. Hell, I even like BlackBerries more than I like iPhones... and BlackBerries are really nothing special.

I'm actually waiting to see how the WP7 devices will do on VZW this year before I decide what device I'm upgrading to.

Comment

yeah. i **** blackberry but i think android has a few better things over the iphone.

Comment

so who is pre-ordering their iphones? i wanna know what they think about verizon taking off the new every two, so phones even when upgraded or purchased with a new contract will be hella expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X