This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Verizon iPhone: What You Need To Know

Verizon Wireless will start selling the iPhone 4 in February. One of the new features is a mobile hotspot that will support Wi-Fi-enabled devices. But some analysts say an iPhone 5, which might run on faster 4G networks, is just around the corner.

Start discussion.

Good for them. Irrelevant here of course, but coming from a market with few, and shitty, providers I know that any new options aren't a bad thing.

Comment

yeah. and i have been an avid android user for about 2 years now. and i have the HTC Evo 4G and i am thinking about switching to verizon once my contract is up with sprint becasue of the iphone.

Comment

All I see happening now is Apple having control of the smartphone market.. Or more control I should see. I have been wondering why they didn't do this for longer, but once they released the iPad on Verizon I knew it was only a matter of time.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          All I see happening now is Apple having control of the smartphone market.. Or more control I should see. I have been wondering why they didn't do this for longer, but once they released the iPad on Verizon I knew it was only a matter of time.
          yeah i agree. i htink android will lose ALOT of market. i think apple didn't do this right off the bat becasue one of their plans was to make it a desired phone. but idk!

Comment

I'm due for an Upgrade in March and now it is going to be a very hard decision. I was going to go with a Samsung Fascinate, but now I don't know.

Its an Android software vs. iPhone software and I haven't used either enough to make a good educated decision.

Opinions?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I refuse to support apple. Droid fer lyfe.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                I'm due for an Upgrade in March and now it is going to be a very hard decision. I was going to go with a Samsung Fascinate, but now I don't know.

Its an Android software vs. iPhone software and I haven't used either enough to make a good educated decision.

Opinions?
                like i said i have used android for about 2 to 3 years. and i would never buy and android phone from LG, samsung, or really anybody except HTC motorola. IMO go with an HTC or moto android. or the iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                  I refuse to support apple. Droid fer lyfe.
                  its people like you android has to count on to keep their business and stock going.

Comment

Lolwut? I **** apple products. Just like...idunno...I **** fake wheels, so I refuse to support fake wheel companies. (Insert troll face)

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                      Lolwut? I **** apple products. Just like...idunno...I **** fake wheels, so I refuse to support fake wheel companies. (Insert troll face)
                      thats what im saying. i like both companies but would choose the iphone over android. idk why i just would. im saying becasue of the iphone going to the most used android provider alot of people will stop buy android phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Stike View Post
                        yeah i agree. i htink android will lose ALOT of market. i think apple didn't do this right off the bat becasue one of their plans was to make it a desired phone. but idk!
                        Well that is a bit of it, but I think the real motivator here is that AT&T has eliminated unlimited data plans, and is really raking their customers over the coals with that. (Thankfully I was grandfathered in so I still have my unlimited plan ).

And when the iPhone was released originally and a few years following the quality of Verizon's service just wasn't on par with AT&T.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Well that is a bit of it, but I think the real motivator here is that AT&T has eliminated unlimited data plans, and is really raking their customers over the coals with that. (Thankfully I was grandfathered in so I still have my unlimited plan ).

And when the iPhone was released originally and a few years following the quality of Verizon's service just wasn't on par with AT&T.
                          yeah i guess i can see that. yeah the data cap is sooooo shitty. if i had to pay for data on my phone the same price as verizon or att if i went over i did the math, anywhere from 600 to 1,000 dollars a month. lol

Comment

I think I am going to go with the iPhone. Even though Android works very well, I have a soft spot for Apple products because the majority of the time their stuff just works and works well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Ohhh. Misunderstood your post. I think people arestarting to realize that the iphone really isn't as great as its cracked up to be, and are switching to android. I really like the layout and features of android phones more. I think apple really has to depend on their fanboys to stay where they're at over the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X