No announcement yet.

Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if I pull a leaf out and keep my 3" blocks for 5" of total drop. Is it ok to not have angled blocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by MitsuMax View Post
      So if I pull a leaf out and keep my 3" blocks for 5" of total drop. Is it ok to not have angled blocks?
      you'll have to measure your pinion angle before and after to determine if you will need shims or not

no such thing as 5" blocks and if there is then they shouldn't be any where a vehicle

the 4.3's are good, i have the TBI and CPI and the cpi has a lot more power

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildman Productions View Post
        you'll have to measure your pinion angle before and after to determine if you will need shims or not

no such thing as 5" blocks and if there is then they shouldn't be any where a vehicle

the 4.3's are good, i have the TBI and CPI and the cpi has a lot more power
        Sorry for being a noob but how do you measure the pinion angle?

Comment

Sorry for being a noob but how do you measure the pinion angle?

angle finders are about $5
          you can usually eyeball it to around where it should be

Comment

http://www.ssz28.com/tech/Pinionangle.html

angle finders are about $5
            you can usually eyeball it to around where it should be
            Okay so let me get this straight.... if I buy an extended cab then I'll have the crossmember issue... Im assuming if I get the 4.3L I'll have a Y-pipe issue.

Also, I currently have the 97-04 3" drop springs, and 97-04 2" drop spindles, and 97-04 3" drop leaf springs... if I end up buying a 94-96 model (not the older boxy one, but the first gen of your body style) will those parts bolt in correctly?
            | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
              Okay so let me get this straight.... if I buy an extended cab then I'll have the crossmember issue... Im assuming if I get the 4.3L I'll have a Y-pipe issue.

Also, I currently have the 97-04 3" drop springs, and 97-04 2" drop spindles, and 97-04 3" drop leaf springs... if I end up buying a 94-96 model (not the older boxy one, but the first gen of your body style) will those parts bolt in correctly?
              94-97.5 ext. cabs dont have the carrier bearing issue, but yes you'll probably want to get a new y pipe made up.

the springs, spindles and leaf springs are swappable on all years of s10's, from 83-04
              95-97 blazer have different leaf springs, and 98+ blazers have different spindles and leaf springs

Comment

• Sooo..a hidden pothole got in the way while I was turning into a parking lot and screwed up my toe angle and now I have a bald tire, even worse it is now flat. Soo I have to use my other car for now until I get that fixed. Might as well take out the middle leaf spring while I'm at it.

Comment

Sooo..a hidden pothole got in the way while I was turning into a parking lot and screwed up my toe angle and now I have a bald tire, even worse it is now flat. Soo I have to use my other car for now until I get that fixed. Might as well take out the middle leaf spring while I'm at it.
                  Gotta love H-town streets
                  | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                    Gotta love H-town streets
                    Right? They're the best -____-

Comment

• got new wheels, need to roll the fenders

Comment

got new wheels, need to roll the fenders

Looks so much better! What are those off of? Look familiar.

Comment

• they're corvette rally's

another pic since the blazer was clean after the My Ride Rules audition

IMG_3890 copy by B Wildman Photography, on Flickr

Comment

they're corvette rally's

another pic since the blazer was clean after the My Ride Rules audition

IMG_3890 copy by B Wildman Photography, on Flickr
                            Where did you pick up the Roof Rack for the sonoma?
                            Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
                            Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
                              Where did you pick up the Roof Rack for the sonoma?
                              it's the stock rack off my blazer that i shortened

IMG_4024 copy by B Wildman Photography, on Flickr

Comment

• any more out there?

just stumbled across this.

heres my hilux how it is at the moment

still need to wait a month till i'm able to drive it again

Comment

Working...
                                X