Fs: Bbs rc090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indiejack View Post
    I can't believe nobody's jumping on these! If it was in my budget right now for some new wheels I'd be all over them!

Free bump for some stellar refinished 5's
    Thank you sir. I have been a little surprised too. I have had only 3 really interested people. And they all flaked or were super lowballers.
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

bump
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Ttt
        95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

bump
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Up up up
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Ttt
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

i dont think anyone is picking these up because that is insanely expensive.

i can make an identical set with powdercoated centers, polished lips, and include brand new tires for 1000 easy.

might want to think of adjusting your price if you want these sold. but let me know if you sell them for that price, because ill start buying, refinishing, and turning around to sell sets of these if people are willing to pay that much.

Comment

I disagree with you for a few reasons. Style 5's are about $600-$800 for a clean set with no rash or issues. Powdercoating the face of a wheel is roughly $100 if you get it done. That is $400 a set. Tires were $300 + shipping. With only those things done, you're looking at over $1000. That is with cleaned up, used hardware. All of my hardware is brand new. The bolts range from $275 to $350. I opted for a nice set that cost $325 + shipping. Then the new nuts cost an extra $60. I also have BBS short stems and BBS valve stem caps. Even though they're only $9+ shipping from BBS, they're still a nice subtle touch. I agree that I am asking too much, but you usually ask for more than you expect. When you want $1 for something, you don't usually go around saying $1 or best offer. You start at $5 and let them talk you down. That is how we all sell anything. I understand where you are coming from where thinking these aren't worth the price, but if someone paid to have a set replicated, the labor and materials would outweigh my price by a large margin. I sanded all of the machining lines from the lips to make them smooth and then polished. Most people just strip the clearcoat and polish them with the lines still there.
                  I have had friends sell sets with horribly done powdercoat, polished machined lips, bald tires, and rough hardware for $1100. I think with gold bolts and new nuts, automotive paint and clear, bbs stems/caps, practically new tires, smoothed/polished lips, and then the custom caps these are a decent set for around $1500. I don't appreciate the thread jack but I do appreciate letting me expalin my pricing. Thank you=)
                  95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Yea but what you don't understand is they are still style 5s, a super common oem wheel that you're selling for the price people can pick up 3pc wheels for.... There are a couple nice sets on here currently for that price or less, even a set of the real bbs rs wheels.

Just trying to help you man. style5's are wheels people want that don't want to spend a lot of money but want a decent looking wheel.

Comment

I do understand that they're Style 5's, and a common OEM wheel. You won't find any RS's for this cheap unless they meet one of two criteria. They're smaller than 16", or they're being sold by someone who has no clue what they have. I understand you're trying to help me sell them, but I'm not going to basically give them away. I want what is fair in comparison to sets I've seen sold. If a set with bald tires, shotty powdercoat, half assed polished lips, and re-used hardware go for $1000, I think around $1500 is a fair price. They will sell sometime soon as I have a friend who will be buying them with his Christmas bonus=)
                      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

bump for a good dude. talked to him quite a bit and these things are mint. someone should def pick these bad boys up ASAP!

Comment

Thanks bud. Up to the top
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Bumpity Bump
                            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

These look great and GLWS, pity about the time wasters!

Would you be willing to sell the caps? I love them and they'd go great against my brown interior.

If you have nothing else to use, I have some black/golds I could use as a trade?

.....actually, just thinking do these and RS caps interchange or are they completely different?

Comment

The emblem themselves are the same size. The whole center cap is different. I don't really want to sell the caps separate but I can see about getting another set made.
                                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X