No announcement yet.

18" bbs rf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to see these when there finished.

My set of 18" RF's is just about done.

Ill post pics here when I get one mocked up.

Yours will be sick!
    EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
    ewheelworks.com
    facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
    IG - ewheelworks
    Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

thanks, yeah i look forward to seeing your set too. I added quite a bit of lips to the order (a few new designs i came up with), and the parts are shipping all at once, so the wheel halves have not arrived yet... soon I hope though. Itching to get these mocked up. Im going to wait to powdercoat these until I am able to mock up one of the wheels and stare at it for a little while.

Even designed new vinyls made for the lips of special sets I put forth. I will debut them on this set even though they will be for the wheel line thats in prototyping.
      Last edited by 1badg35; 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM.
      sigpic
      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

18" rs285 lip, chrome OEM bolts, polished OEM half height caps, chrome logo caps, polished/2 stage powder coated faces!

EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
        ewheelworks.com
        IG - ewheelworks

Comment

beautiful. haha looks like we are building very similar sets. I cant wait to see how the stepped lips compare to these.

off topic but I need to get my hands on a few rs285 or rs286 lips.... I have always wanted to hang a single one on a wall with one of the prototype faces and make a clock for the garage
          Last edited by 1badg35; 12-06-2012, 09:55 PM.
          sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
            beautiful. haha looks like we are building very similar sets. I cant wait to see how the stepped lips compare to these.

off topic but I need to get my hands on a few rs285 or rs286 lips.... I have always wanted to hang a single one on a wall with one of the prototype faces and make a clock for the garage
            Thanks dude!
            EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
            ewheelworks.com
            IG - ewheelworks

Comment

aaaaaahhhh, the last cap has still not made its way over from germany. As soon as it comes, things will move forward at a much faster rate on this set.
              sigpic

Comment

some of the parts arrived from the machinist! Now if only the centers were here, i would be able to assemble one. haha

faces are at the powdercoaters and are waiting for me to have a minute to take the trip to grab them.

wheel halves are insanely good quality. If you compared to the wheel halves i had in my hands a few weeks ago from a certain shop on the other coast, you would be shocked at the difference in the thickness of the forgings. those other halves from the competitor were paper thin compared to what i have been making.

i think i am going to be face mounting the RF set possibly. But that is all dependent on the test assemble

the next things that are in prototyping are the upsized slant lips. 16-18 and 17-18. springtime...

So, to update for those who want the set,
                two options as to widths
                info
                18x9.0 and 18x10 if I face mount the faces

18x9.5 and 18x10.5 if i sandwich mount

lips are 3 and 3.5 and barrels are 6 and 6.5

faces have been powdercoated metallic 3 stage gumetal -gloss
                chrome bolts are waiting in the bin.

will come with mirror polished aluminum half height hex caps (not typical to RS) and if i get my price of 3800, i will throw in red/gold bbs logo caps into the mix

lets get these sold. pictures of the assembled set in 7 days.
                Last edited by 1badg35; 01-12-2013, 12:35 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Trade for Futura's?

I'd love these with wider lips though
                  I dislike Byron.

Comment

well they are all complete, so larger parts are pretty much out for this set.. This was a one off order I coordinated for these, which I do not do that often unless it really interests me. these should be next to perfect for an e36/46 in terms of size, and i will be test fitting next weekend on both if all goes well to show that. the lips are pretty huge in real life. But i made these conservatively wide because i did not want to have a hard time selling them. you make something too wide, and suddenly people are afraid they cant fit it..

no trades at this time for this set. I am looking to lighten the entire collection and will have about 10 sets up for sale come spring..
                    Last edited by 1badg35; 01-12-2013, 12:36 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hop to it and go pick up those faces......I want to see one mocked up

Comment

haha me too. saturday is the day it looks like. I have a crazy week ahead as usual, so i dont ever get home from the office at a normal time to pick the parts up. My work day starts before 7am and sometimes goes till midnight. Part of the territory working for a design firm and running my own on the side .. And I have 7 sets of wheels over there at the moment, so i want to make sure the bulk of the powder is done before i take the ride.

soon enough.. there shall be updates. 2 more 4x100 RS sets, the 4x100 RT set, this RF set, and a few more unique things
                        sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to seeing them Vince.
                          EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
                          ewheelworks.com
                          IG - ewheelworks

Comment

me too. haha. another week unfortunately.

im really itching to see the prototypes for the upsized slant lips weve been working on for the past 6 months, and obviously set #000 in the new wheel line.... should be any day now for the wheel line at least.

Very hard to work at the architecture office with this stuff on the mind to say the least....
                            Last edited by 1badg35; 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

These are Just Matz or Pertsch & Partner lips? I ask because my friend Aron was one of the very first people to get upsized 18" halves from overseas 3 years ago- and they all have that wide bolt shelf going on.

Livery Wheel

Comment

Can you partially assemble one so we can see what it looks like both face and sandwich mount?
                                Interested in seeing what that huge mounting flange looks like vs. the big step in the lip
                                Real name is James

Comment

Working...
                                X