Extremely Low E36 Fuel Filter scraping issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey,

have you got pics of where you moved this to?
    need to do mine today!

Comment

the only thing extremely low in this thread is skrapez's benz.

build thread?

Comment

yea just relocate it, no biggie.

continue
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop??

Comment

i didnt move mine, the factory metal plate that protects the fuel pressure regulator will also protect the fuel filter.

move it if it makes you feel better but its 100% unnecessary to do so.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Re: Extremely Low E36 Fuel Filter scraping issues

Originally posted by kasted View Post

My E36 sedan is pretty low (i think like 1-2 inches ground clearance at the lowest point)

and I have gone through 2 fuel filter brackets, and 3 different fuel filters... for some odd reason the 328i and I think M3 models of the E36 run a gigantic fuel filter... and its location is extremely vulnerable to getting scraped...

anyone got any tips as far as running a smaller fuel filter or relocating the fuel filter??

- Scott
            Relocate the filter ... get a piece of copper piping or something, 2 clamps, put that in instead of filter, cut line elsewhere and stick it in ... doesn't really matter where it is as long as it's between the pump and fuel rail.
            lån uden sikkerhed

Comment

Working...
            X