kocking and lowering problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kocking and lowering problems

ok guys new to air, just had elevel with twin compressors installed on airlift performance struts on my mkv jetta, but im having the problem of one side leveling out completely different too the other and a series knock coming from my fronts when i fill the bags for speed bumps and so on, it even happens occasionally when i hit a bump?

also last night i pressed preset 3 on my remote which should be fully, up and while going over a speed bump it had decided to slam itself causing enough body work damage to my front and rear arch's and god knows what underneath!?

like i said im new to air so please don't be hitting me with what psi or stuff im running in each bag as im completely clueless, il try and answer your questions the best i can to help me out!?

anything is appreciated

cheers

Did you notch the frame on the passengers side?

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

thankyou for a replay mate, no mate i only notched the drivers side, also the kncock has started to happen on both sides now?
      Last edited by 86samlewis; 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I would check to make sure your sway bar links are good and everything is tight on the struts. Sorry I cannot help you out on the Elevel.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

already tried that one matey, im gutted

Comment

When you are preset 3, is your car up as far as it can go (or close to it)? It seems like you are topping your struts out when hitting bumps at that preset. If that is the case, I would recommend setting your preset 3 a little lower so you don't top out the struts. Topping out your struts will cause them to wear quicker and can cause damage to the dampers.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
            X