X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree, gotta pay to play.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Really though, cars are not a poor mans hobby. From either side of the fence.
      So your saying that unless your rich, you shouldn't be allowed to hold an interest in car modification? I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your statement, i'm just saying.

For example, back when I was 16 I got my first car.....an '88 RX-7 convertible. Paid for it myself in full, and proceeded to do what I could to it via my Subway ($8.25/hour) budget. I mean sure, it wasn't rocking JDM baller status wheels, $2,000 coilovers or crazy expensive aero.....but I enjoyed it and received compliments on it from my friends/colleagues at school all the time.

I mean I agree to disagree. I agree that if your flat broke, then maybe you should invest your time and effort into doing something better with your life so that you can someday afford to do things you dream of doing with your car(s). But at the same time, if your on a budget and really love cars.....I don't see any wrong with buying cheap-o parts. Just so long as you don't go around gloating about how badass your parts are. I'm somewhere in the middle myself. I'm not rich enough to drop cash stacks on baller parts all the time, but I have enough of a disposable income to allow myself to buy some nice things here and there. Example, I just bought Stance coilovers......pretty pricey. But then I followed them up with some XXR wheels.....pretty cheap. Why? Because I thought they looked nice and the price was right for what they are.....knock-offs.

So once again Sean, i'm not going against your statement. I'm just saying that looking at it from multiple angles, one could draw more than one conclusion on car modification on a budget and buying cheap parts. In the end, it's all about what makes you happy......not everyone else.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post

So once again Sean, i'm not going against your statement. I'm just saying that looking at it from multiple angles, one could draw more than one conclusion on car modification on a budget and buying cheap parts. In the end, it's all about what makes you happy......not everyone else.
        Yea that's true. In which case don't get defensive when someone states their opinion about your cheap knock-off crap.

Fake wheels and ebay hurt the scene. When everyone can have a low car on fitted wheels its not as fun to have them.

Hopefully the smoke will clear and all the cheap trendy kids will jump on the next bandwagon and leave the guys who are really into it to do their thing.

Comment

thats why i like corvette wheels
          cheap and wide, and they look good
          Straight Outta Wiscompton
          Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
          Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

Yea that's true. In which case don't get defensive when someone states their opinion about your cheap knock-off crap.

Fake wheels and ebay hurt the scene. When everyone can have a low car on fitted wheels its not as fun to have them.

Hopefully the smoke will clear and all the cheap trendy kids will jump on the next bandwagon and leave the guys who are really into it to do their thing.
            lol oh I won't. I'll be the first to admit that I bought cheap-o wheels. I don't plan on them being permanent. I just bought them to get the car fitted while I save for my pipedream J-Line's. Thing is, I wanted to get the car sitting right while I address some other aspects of the car, such as the engine. After I tie up some other odds and ends, the XXR's are coming off and better wheels are going on, so no worries.

Overall, i'm not defending either party. People who have have a big budget and can afford really nice stuff.....good for you guys. And people who are slam broke but still have a love and passion for cars......good for you guys too. I don't think the car scene should be about "who has what". I mean in a legitimate car show....sure....award more points to the guys/gals with nicer, rarer stuff. I get that. But in the real world, i'm a car guy.....I don't care if your car is dook or dope.....i'll likely chat it up with you about cars and appreciate any effort you have made to give your car it's own sense of character, regardless of what type of car it is and what you have done to it. And if you can pull of cheap parts and still make them look good......I see no foul there.

But I definitely see what your saying Sean.....I really do. I realize the stance scene was a bit more "exclusive" initially, and now its kind of blown up, which creates room for people without a clue to move in and set up shop. It sucks, but that's the reality of it. Nothing stays underground in the car scene for long. I remember years back before I even had a license when I used to buy the Japanese drifting publications off of Japan's ebay. Back then drifting in the states was unheard of. But then, much like any good thing, it slowly but surely became mainstream, which resulted in me losing interest in it. I still think its cool, but I no longer have an interest to participate in it.

But anywho, sorry for the novel. I'm not ranting.....i'm just talking about my views on our "scene". Take it or leave it those are my views on things.
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

im ok with some knockoffs, just not the ones that try to replicate 100% of another wheel in production, like the raves/vork, but some that are replicas of wheels that can no longer be acquired im cool.
              the 521's are vague enough that you cant really tell exactly what they are, there just a nice mesh wheel and im cool with that.
              Straight Outta Wiscompton
              Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
              Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

Well said as usual. I preferred the days when super cheap parts weren't available bc people saved up for quality parts and did things right. Now with $300 coilovers and cheap replica wheels with low offsets, it just cheapens the whole experience in a negative manner. Obviously not everyone has the funds to drop crazy money on high end parts, but good deals are always out there to be found and saving up and doing things right the first time is always the better approach imo

I was into low, wide, and poke before it became trendy and will continue with it even once the fad fades (can't wait till that happens to be honest lol)

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post

But anywho, sorry for the novel. I'm not ranting.....i'm just talking about my views on our "scene". Take it or leave it those are my views on things.
                  No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions. We all know how opinionated I am.

Comment

Wheels do make a car. But I'm right along in that middle status and If it were the case it would kinda fad out to see everybody rolling around with some foreged/2-3pc wheels like they've been handed out from the any dealership. just like mostly everybody rolls around on 20s these days opposed to 10 years ago but it still looks good for some. I happen to own these wheels myself but I never came across any negativity to them being on my ride at all. Car meet, friends, random people especially on the street. I didnt like the rivets on them either so I took them off and had them shot in black gloss along with the center caps. Yea most people know what they are right off the bat and some dont.

Comment

i dont mind cheap wheels. i had a set and they were good for my budget back then. i only wish they would stop making knock-offs and start making wheels designed by them, and not fake splits. stealing a design to sell as your own and robbing the original designer of their fire is wrong.

IMO its not going to get any better. it will only get worse. kids see how that 1 proper car got looked at/respected/complimented and they want that. the issue is outsiders dont know the diffrence between genuine $2k+ splits and fake $400 ones so the kids get what they wanted. kids who wuold otherwise have never touched a car are "modding" them because its so cheap .. why not ? . and that will never stop.there is no respect for quality.

Comment

No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions. We all know how opinionated I am.
                        It's all good brother! That's are what forums are all about.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

watchout...might offend thousands upon thousands in the honda crowd

supercharged GS400

Comment

well just to set the record straight because of all this kids running with cheap shit, I ain't some poser kid. I love stance, not in it for the fad. I always have loved lowered cars. Poke? I don't like that, even as popular as it is. So, just to defend my case, I know there are a lot of fad kids, but I will definitely be here to stay, and when my 8.25/hr job allows it, I will one day run on custom spec CCW classics with a brushed face and polished lip and barrel, but for now, 1300 for my coilovers is already taking 1/2 year of saving, so I guess I may just throw spacers on the stocks, and look like every other quest out there, and keep that 500 from knock offs toward the 2500 for the set of CCWs. I hope you guys don't feel that I am a stupid kid invading your thing just because I can... I work on my car every weekend, and I spend the money for good shit for it too. You won't find any knock off shit on my car, except maybe wheels, but only as a filler until I save up for another car (oh wait, no, save up for a set of those goddamn beautiful CCW's, though they are the same price lol)

sorry to write a novel and get defensive, but anytime I'm talking to car people, when they usually find out I'm 16 the "kid" comments come flying about, and it bothers me because most do not take the time to realize that I am probably the only kid at my highschool of 4000 who knows so much about cars and how everything works. Instead they just bombard and ramble with the frustration and comments about "kids" and fads and what not. Tell you the truth I rip kids apart who follow fads. My favorite questions to weed them out is "what are the offsets on those?" "what's the compression ratio for the piston heads you have?" and "what fuel pump are you using and how do you like it?"

theres another chapter from my novel haha

-Justin
                            1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

Originally posted by NudeLobster View Post
                              well just to set the record straight because of all this kids running with cheap shit, I ain't some poser kid. I love stance, not in it for the fad. I always have loved lowered cars. Poke? I don't like that, even as popular as it is. So, just to defend my case, I know there are a lot of fad kids, but I will definitely be here to stay, and when my 8.25/hr job allows it, I will one day run on custom spec CCW classics with a brushed face and polished lip and barrel, but for now, 1300 for my coilovers is already taking 1/2 year of saving, so I guess I may just throw spacers on the stocks, and look like every other quest out there, and keep that 500 from knock offs toward the 2500 for the set of CCWs. I hope you guys don't feel that I am a stupid kid invading your thing just because I can... I work on my car every weekend, and I spend the money for good shit for it too. You won't find any knock off shit on my car, except maybe wheels, but only as a filler until I save up for another car (oh wait, no, save up for a set of those goddamn beautiful CCW's, though they are the same price lol)

sorry to write a novel and get defensive, but anytime I'm talking to car people, when they usually find out I'm 16 the "kid" comments come flying about, and it bothers me because most do not take the time to realize that I am probably the only kid at my highschool of 4000 who knows so much about cars and how everything works. Instead they just bombard and ramble with the frustration and comments about "kids" and fads and what not. Tell you the truth I rip kids apart who follow fads. My favorite questions to weed them out is "what are the offsets on those?" "what's the compression ratio for the piston heads you have?" and "what fuel pump are you using and how do you like it?"

theres another chapter from my novel haha

-Justin
                              Keep on truckin dude! We all gotta start somewhere.
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

xxr's are for the broke ass fake ppl that dont know nothing in life!! people who have them should just die!

lol jk. i should die then. haa ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X