This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are XXR brand wheels knock offs?

If so, What are these XXR wheels knock off's of?

1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Yes, XXR is a knock off company.

The 002 is a knock-off of the Panasport G7-C8S

Comment

Ok thanks!

does anyone know if the XXR just have pretty bolts or are they actual multi-piece wheels? I hope to get them widened to 16x9 and 16x10, with rear offset around -15 or -20, and front 9's at +0

I sure as hell can't afford real rims right now, as much as I **** knock offs... :/
      Last edited by NudeLobster; 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

so you can't afford real wheels, but want to pay to get fake ones widened?
        [RIGHT][URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiet_lu/"]

Comment

Yes, technically XXR's are what some would call "fake" or knock off cheap-o wheels. But they admittedly are priced very well and most models come in pretty good widths/offsets. And if you don't necessarily care about being some e-famous baller, then they'll do the trick just fine.

I really purchased a set of XXR 521's (16"x8" +20) to run on my Mazdaspeed Miata along with some 20mm spacers. At $104 a piece I just couldn't resist.

Last edited by OSSHWA; 07-23-2010, 01:31 AM.
          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
            so you can't afford real wheels, but want to pay to get fake ones widened?
            here's the thing. I want older wheels. I like the style, and old school wheels will fit my 87 conquest well. I've been searching zilvia.net and a bunch of other links in the sticky up top, but I can't find any friggin wheels good for me. All the ones I find are too flashy, 18's (18s are too big for the car, it doesn't look right wearing rubberbands), or 4 lug. Or wayyyyy out of my price range.

finding old school wheels in 5 lug is already a disadvantage, but then finding them with the specs I need for perfect stance, 9 inch wide front at +0, and 10 inch rear at -15, is hard also. Yeah I could probably get any 9/10 set and run spacers, but the car is a widebody. It NEEDS and craves lip. Nice deep lip. 15's are too small too (stock is 16x8/16x9 stagger), which cuts out even more old school wheels. So, I'm looking at 5x114.3, 16/17x9+0 and 16/17x10-15 with old school 80's style for under 1k. and 1k is streching it, probably closer to 500-750. I'm 16, work 4 days a week, already, but I'm still saving 1500 for the coilovers. I can't justify droping 1500-2k+ on a set of wheels. I know, that's not what you guys like to hear. But, as much as I like perfect stance, I don't want to wheel whore or spend more on wheels then I did the car, I just want to get the stance dialed in with wheel styles I like and can afford, and be done. Hell if I could afford it I'd LOVE a set of work meister 3 piece in grey spoke polished lip, but thats 2600 a set used, if I could even the right specs.

I look at the cars on this site everyday and love what you guys can do and afford, but wheel whoring is not my style as much as I'd love to do it. I don't have the money to do it and the money I do have would better be spent on other aspects of the car, rather then switching wheels er week lol. Tell you the truth I Like the stock wheels very much, but I suppose everyone else does too because literally 95% of starion/conquests rock stock wheels, and I just need to distinct myself a little.

so, theres my novel, and my mad scientist type thinking behind things, for what it's worth

-Justin

Comment

theyre one piece with fake bolts unfortunately.

Comment

I **** **** **** multi-lug pattern wheels

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

if the 521's weren't multi-lug they would be sick
                  Straight Outta Wiscompton
                  Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
                  Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

Originally posted by Team_Gileto View Post
                    if the 521's weren't multi-lug they would be sick
                    I agree 100% that they'd look alot better if they weren't multi-lug. But once again......$104 a pop.......
                    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

sportmaxx's are ok. i had them on my first e30. they are light and ok for a serious budget. but id save up and buy something more serious rather then blowing your load then trying to save up even more .

5x114.3 wheels are easy to find. and they are cheaper then most other lug patterns for the same wheel. i got my 17x9, 5x114.3, OZ futuras for $800 .. in shabby condition, but with a cheap refinish they are in great shape. you either need to actually search .. or broaden your search area. my wheels are from zilvia.net so they are there if you take your time and look ..

Comment

you can always run adaptors, and find some older OEM wheels..

Please don't support the reproduction market. There is a reason why their prices are so low, and it's not because they are made with the highest grade of materials or put countless hours into Research and Development.

There are several different ways to skin this cat.. no need to support companies that are out to destroy the very companies we love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          you can always run adaptors, and find some older OEM wheels..

Please don't support the reproduction market. There is a reason why their prices are so low, and it's not because they are made with the highest grade of materials or put countless hours into Research and Development.

There are several different ways to skin this cat.. no need to support companies that are out to destroy the very companies we love.

Comment

lovin the sig sean. lol

Comment

Really though, cars are not a poor mans hobby. From either side of the fence.

Comment

Working...
                              X