newb to stretched rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom_J View Post
    *ouch* 5x110 FTL, I share the same bolt pattern....saab drivetrain in a Saturn, go figure?

I had 215/40s on 18x8.5s, falken 912s I believe....

Very moderate stretch at most...I kinda wish I had went with a 215/45 though, tiny sidewall is a bit harsh.

so based on that pic i will get ZERO stretch...damn.

yeah ive driven saabs all my life, atleast this one is a lightning blue viggen. new wheels are 5x112 with wobble bolts, im waiting to find out if i can use the collar off a set of wobble bolts on my extended lugs so i can still use my spacers.

im on a decent static drop that has yet to be tweaked, waiting on the wheels, 18's will fill out nicely, im still trying to decide if i want to be dumb and run a staggered setup on a fwd car. im almost positive i can fit 9's in the rear since im running 7.5 at +25 and still have 5-7 mm before i hit the unrolled fender.

Comment

215/40/18 Falken 452 on 18x8.5

Comment

all the tire shop is going to do is mount and put air in it, they dont need to actually stretch anything.

Comment

this is a pic of my 205's on x8.5s but are probably more like 215's

Comment

Originally posted by nick. View Post
            all the tire shop is going to do is mount and put air in it, they dont need to actually stretch anything.
            ...except their mounting tools

Comment

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
              ...except their mounting tools
              not true, there is a tool called a CHEETAH, alot of tire shops dont have it, but its required to do most of the stretched tire mounts.

just ask the shop if they have a cheetah, and if theyve ever put under sized tires on wheels. aka "Streched" lol

Comment

So that's what a Cheetah is.

Comment

well the cheetah is really used for big flimsy truck or SUV tires that refuse to have one bead seated at least so you can hold up the tire to fill it with air. The Cheetah just blasts it from the underside or on top, and kinda fills the tire with air so you can get the beads seated quickly.

Comment

Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

Comment

A little off topic but I remember back in the day when I thought you actually bought the tires stretched instead of getting a smaller size tire and putting it on a bigger wheel. Talk about a total noob. GAWD I was stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X