why is camber cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
    I see your point, but when i look at a car, i pay more attention to the body in relation to the ground, not to much the wheels in relation to the body.

I've always been a fan of '60 Continentals, chopped Mercury's, Old school Caddy's....i guess thats why i like the even low slung look with the rears tucked more than the fronts.

But if a car's stance is sagging in the rear like an old ford explorer with the rear oem bags blown, then thats just wrong.

With the bag fully empty on my car the rear sags. Someone told me to put bump stops to keep it from sagging(i find this unnecessary)...i simply just leave enough air in the rear bags to keep it level.

and one more thing....big fan of you car man!
    I hear that, it definitely works and looks good on those examples but some newer cars just look off to me when they do that (perfect example would be MK5s). I always have air in my rear bags bc the car sits on tires both on my CCWs and my winter setup so I know how that is

and thank you, it's really a hunk of junk though

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
      ^ I understand functionality when it comes to aggressive driving and what-not, but in the case of my friends s2k and my TSX, we don't ever really drive the dog-shit ot of our cars, due to the ride height, anyway. So having a ton of grip doesn't really matter for us.... with these cars that is. If building a track car, on the other hand, I would most assuredly take maximum grip values into account.
      extremely well put !
      H-town reppin

Comment

heres mine.. these are -3 shims after toe-in alignment printout shows -3.92 in the rear. im gonna wait till its a lil warmer out to put my front camber bolts on which will be around -1.5 up front so it straight flushness. oh yeaa and becasue my toe-in is on point i have VERY MINIMAL tire wear
        camobox

Comment

Comment

I'm running 5 degrees in the rear, for wheel fitment and looks. Mostly wheel fitment, because my rears are 17x10 et +2.

I also wanted to be a bit different in the VW community, but still have a "classic" look.

Comment

i'm running about -3 on my car, and personally i think it all depends on the car.

Comment

Holy shit this is an old thread.

The amount of misinformation and contradiction in what little I read is pretty funny, but it's nothing new.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

buddy because its cool

Comment

I have a tad over 3 degrees on the rear of my truck and I like it, I'd be ok with a little more.
                    now I'm curious so I'm gonna park on flat ground tomorrow and measure it more carefully.
                    I just got new urethane bushings on my front end and alignment so I'll check that too but I don't think there is any camber up front.

3+ degrees of camber over 18" will help tuck a 1/2" wider wheel lip and that is always a good thing to me. but for my vehicle I would not go further.

camber that's clearly over done for style and detrimental to actual handling is not my thing at all.

I think it's clear that M.Burrough's car is pretty bad ass though

a little too much camber, maxed out wheel wells and no mudflaps to dampen the roostertail in the rain.

Comment

Working...
                    X