Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROTIFORM- This shouldn't be happening...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to see that bro

Comment

that sucks. there's nothing worse than waiting a long ass time for parts and then having them break right after you spend the time/money to get them installed.
      Jason
      flickr
      build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jason@Rotiform View Post
        These particular parts were originally intended for racing vehicles, which is a tough environment. We have found however that stanced/cambered/stretched + the hazards of our city streets has proven to be grueling as well!
        This is a very strange comment, given the fact that, as I type this, your company is listed at the very top of the list of S|W forum sponsors. It seems that a legitimate business would find a way to provide parts that would withstand usage by the very crowd to whom you direct your primary marketing efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason@Rotiform View Post
          There has never been an issue with strength of our wheels, we have a failure rate of less than .005% on our wheels. In regards to testing, in the last year we have increased the thickness of material used in these "race parts" as well as changing the heat treatment process. We have found this to virtually eliminate any issues with the parts. Potholes though... we haven't found a way to fix those

These particular parts were originally intended for racing vehicles, which is a tough environment. We have found however that stanced/cambered/stretched + the hazards of our city streets has proven to be grueling as well!
          Good to hear some improvements are being made, but anything with respect to adding thickness to the barrel? I'm no engineer, but the issues your wheels are having seem to stem from them being a fraction of the thickness of other manufacturers, including other custom wheel builders.

Does the .005% failure rate include the cast wheels? I've had decent exposure to Rotiform 3-piece wheels and observed a failure rate more along the lines of 60-70%.
          025garage

Comment

It seems as though the situation between Rotiform and Nicolaus has been resolved so I'm going to go on and close this thread. Feel free to email me if need be. mike at stanceworks dot com if anyone has any questions.

-Mike
            Last edited by M.Burroughs; 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X