Style 5 Help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style 5 Help ASAP

So I'm finally finishing up building my style 5's and I've run into a snag. I got two together without any problems. But on the last two, the centers won't just drop into the barrel. The first two just dropped in and pulled in when torqued. The two I have left won't even go together if I lightly tap them in with a hammer and block of wood. Id really like to get these done ASAP so any help would be much appreciated.
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

You put too much paint on? Sand down the edge as well as sanding the inside of the barrel around the top

Comment

I looked and there is no paint on that edge on the center and the barrel is clean too=\ they were in snug when I removed them. It doesn't matter which barrel with which center does it? I never labelled them
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Are both totally smooth and free from any kind of corrosion? If they came out, they'll go back in. Put a wood block on and hit with sledge hammer as per removal lol

Comment

I can hit them that hard without hurting anything? To remove I gripped tj
          Je center tightly and pounded them flat on the ground (with a towel underneath) and then proceeded to crush my hands into the floor while keeping hold of the center. Lol
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Well mine were split by the sledge hammer method, just don't miss the block. As I did, and hit either a) your mates hand - he won't be pleased, or b) the centre - leaves a nice dent.

Comment

put the center in a freezer over night, and start heating the barrel with a heating gun, when the rim were the bolts go in, is hot enough, you take the center and drop it in. easy as 1 2 3.
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

+1 For the last one. Keep sledge hammers away from your bbs's...
                Maybe grease up the barrels as well?

Comment

I don't think I can do the heating method though because i cated them in sharkhide and it might get funny
                  95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Anyone else have any good ideas?
                    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

You have the rare expanding faces. Unfortunately once separated they cannot be put back together. You'll need to buy 2 new wheels.

Comment

^lol how hard can I pound on these to put them in? I dont want to bend the barrels
                        95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

You're not going to bend the barrels by hammering the face. Just use a block of wood and some man strength.

Comment

I've got the block of wood, but I don't know if I have the strength. May need my dad to help. Lol
                            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

If you don't want to go with the heatgun method, just set the barrels out in the hot sun all day and throw the centers in the freezer as suggested.
                              Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
                              Quitters never stance.

Comment

Working...
                              X