making 3 piece bbs style 19's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 320icar View Post
    k it just needs to be said. a style 19 wheel is two piece. which means lip/barrel are one peice and the face is the second. it might be super obvious but im just making sure. if you were to try and get custom lips made, you would first have to machine off the current lip, then get a custom lip made for you. its pretty expensive and probably not worth it.
    yes i knew they were 2 piece, hence the thread title being "MAKING 3 piece bbs style 19's"

Comment

Ive been talking to my boy Easton over at CZWheels...I have style 5s and he has given me quotes for new outer and inner lips...so Im guessing its not too bad...or he doesnt realize style 5s arent as easily changeable as RSs...

Comment

as you already found out you need completely custom lips. Only style 5 barrels are interchangeable. RF/RS lips have 3cm smaller bolt circle so no matter what you can't use them. And the lips aren't your only problem. The style 19 (and 5) centerpiece doesn't have deep enough mounting groove for outer and inner lip. It is only designed to fit 1 piece barrel to it. So you need to machine that groove deeper or make another one to the other side of the centerpiece (as i did):

Comment

Working...
        X