making 3 piece bbs style 19's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making 3 piece bbs style 19's

could you make 3 piece bbs style 19's using lips and barrels from other bbs wheels? or would you need to have lips and barrels custom-made? and if you needed to have them custom made where could you get that done?

ive been thinking of picking up some style 19's lately but im not sure if they would be wide enough or have a big enough lip, id probably run them stock for awhile but eventually would like to go to a 3-3.5" lip instead of the stock 2" ones

Custom made lips will be needed, wokke.de can help you, prices are in between 250-400 € for custom lips. ( a piece)

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post
      Custom made lips will be needed, wokke.de can help you, prices are in between 250-400 € for custom lips. ( a piece)

wow, thats a lot more than i thought theyd be haha, i couldnt use RS lips and barrels or anything like that?

Comment

No you can't use RS parts, and even if you could the prices are very similar unless you were to find used lips and barrels.

Comment

Easiest way would to buy the Nardi wheel.
          Its a 3piece wheel, made up of BBS parts. A direct swap for RS and RF. and they use a modified style19 center.
          Good luck finding one tho, they are normally just torn apart for use of the barrels and lips. and the faces are thrown away.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30234

Here is a set sold recently on SW.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
              damn, i even had the money for them too haha, so its the faces on the style 19s that make it so you cant use other lips/barrels? could you get the faces redrilled??? im assuming you cant haha but it doesnt hurt to ask

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                damn, i even had the money for them too haha, so its the faces on the style 19s that make it so you cant use other lips/barrels? could you get the faces redrilled??? im assuming you cant haha but it doesnt hurt to ask
                You can use different lips and barrels, but the have to be custom made and that is expensive.
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

could i use 17x9 style 5 barrels? im assuming i could

Comment

17x9 barrels are hard to find, i believe they came on a very few e31's, and are highly sought after. I'm the one that bought those Nardi wheels because I've always preferred style 19's over 5's and figured I'd buy the three piece version that started the style 19's design. I'm going to turn them into 17x9.5 and 17x11's. And IF i ever sell, I can give you first dibs.
                    [

Comment

Originally posted by BADwayz View Post
                      17x9 barrels are hard to find, i believe they came on a very few e31's, and are highly sought after. I'm the one that bought those Nardi wheels because I've always preferred style 19's over 5's and figured I'd buy the three piece version that started the style 19's design. I'm going to turn them into 17x9.5 and 17x11's. And IF i ever sell, I can give you first dibs.

alright, thanks!

whatre you gonna be putting them on?

Comment

damn you for buying those nardi's i wanted them :[
                        CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                          alright, thanks!

whatre you gonna be putting them on?
                          Not sure yet, I may buy a new car just for these wheels.
                          [

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                            Good luck finding one tho, they are normally just torn apart for use of the barrels and lips. and the faces are thrown away.
                            i see what you did there....
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

k it just needs to be said. a style 19 wheel is two piece. which means lip/barrel are one peice and the face is the second. it might be super obvious but im just making sure. if you were to try and get custom lips made, you would first have to machine off the current lip, then get a custom lip made for you. its pretty expensive and probably not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X