Jeep wheels and a MK4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep wheels and a MK4

Hi everyone, I picked up a set of Jeep Rubicon wheels for cheap the other day and will be mounting some 205/45/17s so the last thing I need is adapters. I've asked around and done a little research and it seems like 20mm thick is what I should be shooting for but I wanted to know if I need to get hub/wheel centric or if I can just run a standard adapter.

I worked out these on Motorsport-Tech.com:

2000 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF_GL_-GLS
    Your Bolt Pattern: 5x100mm
    Your Hub Diameter: 57.1mm
    Type: One Piece Adapter
    Hub Centric to Car & Wheel Centric to Wheel
    Thickness: 30mm
    Stud Size: 12x1.5
    Center Bore: 71.5mm
    Diameter: 5 by 127 (5 inches)
    Quantity: 4
    Or for non-centric something like this:

* Adapter Lug Nuts Included* Price Is For 1 Wheel Spacer* 2 or More save $10.00 per Adapter* All Adapters and Spacers are made to order, 7-10 business days to your door.* Limited Warranty~Non-Returnable

Also just to be sure does 20mm front and back sound right to you guys? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Oh and here are the wheels:

Do you have an offset number for those? Based on the concave and thickness of spoke, I'm going to guess they are a pretty low offset. Mexiflush danger is high with these wheels.
    My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
      Do you have an offset number for those? Based on the concave and thickness of spoke, I'm going to guess they are a pretty low offset. Mexiflush danger is high with these wheels.
      +1

Although in my limited experience with SUV wheels, they seem to have higher offsets. That's definitely info that you'll need before having any adapters made.
      If you havin' fitment problems I feel bad for you, son.
      I got 99 problems but my stance ain't one.

Comment

MOABs would look pretty cool on an MK4. I have no clue about the fitment though. I've always thought about running American Racing Bajas or something similar. Offroad wheels are starting to hit us.

Comment

They are: 17x7.5 / et44.45 / lug 5x5

Width is a meh but I really like them so I figured I'd give it a shot and if I like them enough maybe I'll get them widened.

So any input on what type of adapter and how thick?

Comment

Cool on the concaveness.
            BECAUSE BROKE STATUS

Comment

ET44 and only 7.5" width means you can get 20mm adapters to work. You may want to think about getting slightly thicker rear adapters, too.

Based on my deep research... http://rimtuck.com/setup/view/7 ... (I think there is a misprint on the rim tuck site and some pics have 17x9 ET0 in the back)

I would say you'll want 25mm front and 30mm rear adapters on this with an aggressive fender roll to pinch your fender lips.
              My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

That's funny, I was thinking of getting those wheels with adaptors for my Protege. Great looking wheel with that slight concavity.

Definitely spring for the hubcentric adaptors from Motorsport Tech, they're really nice pieces. If you don't plan on changing the wheels you bolt to them, get them hubcentric to the car and to the wheels for ideal mounting.

Comment

Definitely keep the Jeep caps if you run them.

Comment

I will be, that is until I can machine a set of custom caps :P

Comment

My only complaint is them being x7.5. I'd run 195s on them.

Comment

Can't wait to see these on the car

As for hubcentric or not... Definitely go hubcentric or at least get some hubcentric rings to use with the spacers. Without them, you can get some nasty vibrations.
                        StatusRacing.com
                        Configure YOUR Seat Here
                        Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                        Email: sales@statusracing.com
                        Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Sort of irrelevant, but my jeep

Can't wait to see you mount these.

Comment

Working...
                          X