Anyone cleaned the sidewall markings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
    there was a writeup in pvw about this a little while ago i think, are those wheels flocked?
    Yup, all his wheels are flocked.
    Bad English = from Norway!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
      I used an air sander on the tires for our old hot rod so we could make smooth whitewalls in a size we couldn't find in production at the time.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/whee...sidewalls.html
      Thanks! Im into reassembling the car right now, so maybe I'll do this if I'm boored when the Z is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
        it's nothing anyone's going to notice.
        It's like going the extra mile. If you pay attention to all details such as this, you will have a ride nothing similar to anyone elses.
        Last edited by HaaJeHaa; 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
          it's nothing anyone's going to notice.
          Doing all those things that some people think "no one is going to notice" is often what makes the difference between a well thought out, competent build and a half-assed hack job.

For example- On my swap the engine mount arms were removed, degreased, bead blasted, media tumbled until they had a factory "fresh cast" finish, and then cleared with high temp semi-gloss clear so they stay factory fresh looking for years to come. Will anyone notice. . . doubtful, they'll likely assume I just bought new ones, but the folks who do notice all the "little details" like that on my car are taken back by the work that has gone into it when they see it in person for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc View Post
            I've seen it done. they were rubbed clean by the fenders. lol.
            Yep, I had debadged tires from rubbing.
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
            Originally posted by Jedidiah
            he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Or just drive low and let the car rub them off. I'm putting purposely shaving your sidewalls before they're on the car in the same category as purposely rusting good body panels. Both are retarded.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
              Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                Or just drive low and let the car rub them off. I'm putting purposely shaving your sidewalls before they're on the car in the same category as purposely rusting good body panels. Both are retarded.
                I guess they will rub clean after a while, as the offset is -20 and the coilovers go slamming static, but this is not about the "rub look", it's about a clean look. Like shaving door lock, emblem holes, door handles, rear hatch (golfers) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                  I used an air sander on the tires for our old hot rod so we could make smooth whitewalls in a size we couldn't find in production at the time.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/whee...sidewalls.html
                  I did this too. Tires are stronger than most people think

Comment

Try cutting one off of a wheel and you know exactly how strong they are lol

Comment

just use sandpaper.

its called shaving sidewalls. google it.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

my rears are also shaved smooth from fender rubbing during slides haha.

i just realized why all the old car guys make fun of us...

Comment

Mattis with the shaved tires and Flocked rims used a dremel

Thing is he couldn't remeber what the word for it was when he spoked to the Police Officer below, and said he used an angel grinder. Thats when the Austrian police confiscated his licence plates and fined him

Comment

mine is starting to
                            Hi!

Comment

Working...
                            X