X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lulz
    Eatin' Babies

Comment

I've gotta say halston, easy on the instigation. No drama here.

Comment

It's funny how Halston was all about stance, couldn't get it to work on his car, and now he's all against it.

My Falken FK452's lasted a bit over a year on the Azevs. I thought they had life left but when I went to mount them on the Boyd Coddingtons, the inside shoulder was bald and the rear tires had bubbles on the sidewalls.

Comment

What was the tire/wheel size on those fk/azevs?

Comment

215/40-17 on 17x7.5 and 17x8.5.

Comment

About 10k

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                215/40-17 on 17x7.5 and 17x8.5.
                Do you have any pictures of the 215/40 on the 17x8.5?

Originally posted by Logan View Post

About 10k

perfect

Comment

ive got -3* on front of my cobra and the last a few oil changes
                  E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                  E36 M3 Mugello rot
                  GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                  https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

beyond -3 you can start to see some wear from camber even if your toe is at zero.

-2.5 to -2.8 is about the limit for this.

any toe outside of zero at these camber levels will greatly increase your tire wear. Which is a big issue w/ older bmw's as the rear isn't adjustable unless you do slotted subframe w/ eccetrics.

I think another factor is that many lower their cars and don't get it aligned afterwards and just assume it's because they're low w/ camber.

My $0.02 on my experiences.

- I know a great AST dealer, ask me about them.

Comment

i put my falkens on in February, its july and my rears are just above the wear marks, my fronts are shot on the inside. I gotta flip the tires in the front and i can probably get another 5K miles out of them. Camber is approx -3 in the front and like -.8 in the back or something like that. My front toe is out of alignment, i just eyeballed it, and my rear isnt adjustable

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by verlumpt View Post
                        beyond -3 you can start to see some wear from camber even if your toe is at zero.

-2.5 to -2.8 is about the limit for this.

any toe outside of zero at these camber levels will greatly increase your tire wear. Which is a big issue w/ older bmw's as the rear isn't adjustable unless you do slotted subframe w/ eccetrics.

I think another factor is that many lower their cars and don't get it aligned afterwards and just assume it's because they're low w/ camber.

My $0.02 on my experiences.
                        I agree. Lots of guys lower their car, change suspension components and just drive afterwards for months or even years. A good, fresh alignment makes a HUGE difference.

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                        i put my falkens on in February, its july and my rears are just above the wear marks, my fronts are shot on the inside. I gotta flip the tires in the front and i can probably get another 5K miles out of them. Camber is approx -3 in the front and like -.8 in the back or something like that. My front toe is out of alignment, i just eyeballed it, and my rear isnt adjustable

If you just eyeballed it that is why they are dead. I am guessing the toe is out of spec by a good margin and it ate the tires up.

I am a couple months on my falkens and I am ~ -3 in the front and -2.5 in the back and they are flat wear across the tread. If I actually cleaned up and cared about my tires they would look brand new.

I have to hit the alignment shop again here soon as I need to install new front control arms, bushings and tie rod assemblies.

Comment

no one wants to align my car

the tie rods seize and theyre way up top in the wheel well so its a mission to get to. I cant tell you how many times ive been turned down

Comment

Time for a new tie rod assembly?

Comment

no, if i change it the same thing will happen after a little while. Common problem with this chassis. The real way to do it is lift the car, remove wheel, break the nut loose with a long breaker bar, put the wheel back on and throw it on the rack.

Comment

Well if that is what is required to do an alignment than that is what is required. Find a shop that will do an alignment

Why is the bolt getting seized?

Comment

Working...
                                X